Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

41 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Allardyce blaming the fans again today I see. Apparently we were so bad defensively because 50,000 excited Geordies demand attacking football and it leaves the defence vulnerable :lol:

Imagine how clueless you have to be to say something like this, and this is someone that has been a manager for decades man. Apparently in football you can only either attack or defend and not be able to do both at least half decently as a team.

It's the exact same thing Bruce pushes after every single game. 'We've tried to change things by going on the front foot and this has left us open defensively now'. And so alternatively their solution is just to have ten men in our own box and have us lose by slightly fewer goals.

:spit: We barely had a shot after the first 15 minutes, but aye the attacking football was our problem.

He's just another bitter cunt ex manager, along with all the others we hear on a weekly basis.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Any manager that doesn’t have enough confidence in his ability to turn this season around wouldn’t be worth hiring. It’s not like we’re cut adrift at the bottom yet. I don’t buy this narrative that the job is unattractive, there’s a huge and rare opportunity here for someone to build something significant.

Yeah, not having the “can’t attract someone good enough” line. Managers strive to win and (almost uniformly) back themselves to do a good job. That’s before mentioning a fat contract and the promise of millions in January.

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

:spit: We barely had a shot after the first 15 minutes, but aye the attacking football was our problem.

He's just another bitter cunt ex manager, along with all the others we hear on a weekly basis.

it's a weird lie to peddle especially when according to the PFMs Rafa was the most defensive manager since time began and yet somehow all these fans who bray for attacking football really liked him hmmm i wonder if there could be another reason for hating bruce and for him not having a clue besides the fan.

Fuck off to your immaculately appointed Spanish villa, sam.

I’m all in on Emery, he would give us a chance in any game with his ability to set teams up and despite us having a weak squad I think some of the players here would fit in well with how he sets teams up and plays the game.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m all in on Emery, he would give us a chance in any game with his ability to set teams up and despite us having a weak squad I think some of the players here would fit in well with how he sets teams up and plays the game.

What is his style of play for those of us that haven't seen much of his teams?

Is he high press and attacking or more pragmatic like Rafa?

2 hours ago, TK-421 said:

I don't think it has to be just till the end of the season. I think we could appoint someone on an 18 month contract (at least), and be able to give them that time.

I don't think there'll be any sort of 'crazy' investment in the team in either january or the summer. Lots of change possibly, but measured recruitment, and it just needs someone to keep us up this season, and oversee the start of the changes.

Steady things / consolidate next season, make sure we aren't in a relegation battle again, then the summer after could be the start of the real push on.

Give them 2.5 years, target to build a solid top ten team, that can form the basis for our back up going forward.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

What is his style of play for those of us that haven't seen much of his teams?

Is he high press and attacking or more pragmatic like Rafa?

Its more similar to Rafa I would say which with our current situation I think we need 

29 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Just “better” than Bruce is not the bar to set! 💩

Aye. A slug is better than Bruce [at least it recognises itself as a slug]. But to be honest, any competent football manager would be an improvement, we just need a quite huge improvement.

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

They have a right to expect that, mind. If I'm offered a new job as Restaurant Manager, I want to know they have a fucking kitchen.

We have a kitchen, but it’s currently on fire.

The Restaurant Manager’s job will be easier the quicker someone puts it out.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We have a kitchen, but it’s currently on fire.

The Restaurant Manager’s job will be easier the quicker someone puts it out.

"We want to be the world's top restaurant"

"With such ambitions you must have an amazing kitchen, I can't wait to see it"

"Oh you wouldn't believe it, we've got a sodastream and a waffle maker"

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Aye, its a pity you can't coach some sort of balanced play, eh?? Its either park the bus or all out attack. There really is no middle ground.

:jesuswept:

Bruce has nailed the middle ground in that he’s too shit to park the bus and too shit as an attacking outlet other than give the ball to ASM & Almiron and get them to run with the ball for 60 yards.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think he would be gone today if we where anywhere close to having a new manager in charge tbh

The lack of urgency is starting to worry me slightly. 

He should have been gone by now whether a replacement is lined up or not.

It's imperative that we make the correct decision. The lack of urgency could also be seen as a lack of panic. 

Two weeks ago we were set for relegation with Ashley, and Chorlton and the wheelies. Now there is a clear intention to update facilities [I'm sure they can be completed within a year] so things are better.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Emery is a cracking manager, I feel he got harshly treated at Arsenal tbh. Would prefer him over Lampard/Gerrard/Howe

Think he would be a great shout tbh, he's already had experience in the Premier which could be invaluable. Fonseca seems to be the other one who might be keen on the job, my only worry would be we don't have the players to go all out attack which seems to be his philosophy. Could be a dangerous game to play in our position. 

Just now, kisearch said:

I actually hate that I'm even suggesting this, but I wonder if Roy Hodgson might be a good shout for a purely til-the-end-of-the-season caretaker role. 

I hate that you are saying it too.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

I actually hate that I'm even suggesting this, but I wonder if Roy Hodgson might be a good shout for a purely til-the-end-of-the-season caretaker role. 

Actually not a bad shout