Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

They could do with some calls being returned.
The Independent has been told of how Amanda Staveley’s husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi attempted to get in touch with one big-name manager last week, only to be given short shrift. The coach, in short, had no interest in working with this Newcastle as it is and was puzzled by the nature of the approach.

Such circumstances were one big reason Steve Bruce was still in charge for Sunday’s match against Tottenham Hotspur, that ended with the ignominy of both ends of the ground singing “sacked in the morning”.

From the Independent:- https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-takeover-relegation-steve-bruce-tottenham-b1940090.html

Need to get some football people involved pronto. I like that Mehrad is trying to get in a top manager though, as that is apparently his preference from the article. Might need some help from football people with contacts though.

Out of the shortlist from the echo:

Favre and Fonseca: I know little about either of these but I'm more than happy to take the majority of opinion that they would be good moves.

Emery: Emery would be class. Shame he was given such a sticky wicket after Wenger. Would be right behind that move.

Gerrard: I totally get the Gerrard vibe. He's an icon of the game who's already achieved success, albeit inevitable success, with Rangers. The guys a god who would attract big stars.

Lampard: I get the hostility towards Lampard but I remember his Derby side going to Manchester and winning IIRC. He's not a bad manager at all and again, is a big personality, which we need desperately. He would be my least favourite for sure but I'd get behind him in the short term.

Favre, Fonseca, Emery, Gerrard or Lampard are better than Bruce, would galvanize the fans (for many reasons, but ultimately all are not Bruce) and would be great names to attract players in January. I've no doubt in my mind, binning Bruce this week and replacing with one of them will allow us to stabilize and move up the table (the quality of manager and signings made in Jan will dictate how far up we go). 

My preference is Emery, Fonseca then Favre (out of the latest crop of names)

57 minutes ago, STM said:

Out of the shortlist from the echo:

Favre and Fonseca: I know little about either of these but I'm more than happy to take the majority of opinion that they would be good moves.

Emery: Emery would be class. Shame he was given such a sticky wicket after Wenger. Would be right behind that move.

Gerrard: I totally get the Gerrard vibe. He's an icon of the game who's already achieved success, albeit inevitable success, with Rangers. The guys a god who would attract big stars.

Lampard: I get the hostility towards Lampard but I remember his Derby side going to Manchester and winning IIRC. He's not a bad manager at all and again, is a big personality, which we need desperately. He would be my least favourite for sure but I'd get behind him in the short term.

May I politely enquire as to what is big about Frank Lampard's personality? Or do you mean he's a very famous, very good ex-player?

16 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: prob not though he was right about the takeover a while back tbf to him. Dummett did go to school with my nephew, so fuck knows. 

Man, I am desperate for that to be true now :lol:

I am getting very worried it's going to be some 'keep them up' PFM  dufus :lol:

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: aye me too, thought I’d pass it on anyway could obviously turn out to be wham. He won’t be lying to me he’s like 50. It’s whether the guy is a) actually his dad) b) would know anyway 

Fonseca in, Lorenzo Pellegrini as our star midfield addition plz.  (just realized he signed a new deal to 2026 :lol:)

Edited by Kanji

45 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

My brother so don’t get too excited but he’s not gonna flat out lie to me:

qy06pGX.jpg

Fonseca doesn't seem to stay long in job. Average of 2 years per club

2005–2007 - Estrela Amadora (youth)

2007–20081 -  Dezembro

2008–2009 - Odivelas

2009–2011 - Pinhalnovense

2011–2012 - Aves

2012–2013 - Paços Ferreira

2013–2014 - Porto

2014–2015 - Paços Ferreira

2015–2016 - Braga

2016–2019 - Shakhtar Donetsk

2019–2021 - Roma

Fonseca has now reached full agreement to take over as new Newcastle United Manager in the English premeier league on a 3 year contract. However, this is much speculated and no confirmation has been provided elsewhere.

From his Wikipedia already :lol:

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Can Bruce? Just seems to spout nonsensical drivel. 

Can he fuck, but I’d be worried given our situation if the new manager can’t speak any English at all.

Edited by HTT II