Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

But he got them relegated? And couldn’t do anything to prevent it. We’re in the same position- I wouldn’t trust him to know how to turn a failing team around. If we were mid table, then maybe, but I personally can’t see any evidence of him being able to come and instantly change us for the better. 

Maybe he learnt from the experience after reflecting on what he did wrong and does it differently? Think that an instant improvement would be the players fitness as they seem unable to close down opposition. Plus having millions to spend in the winter transfer window will help, sign a few players like we did in the window where Sissoko and  others turned up will be a massive shot in the arm.

5 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Arteta? Sure he was linked early on in the early takeover days (or possibly even pre Bruce?)

No thanks he’s fucking awful.

From Hope's new piece, I linked it in Lascelles too https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10104823/Newcastle-captain-Jamaal-Lascelles-bust-Isaac-Hayden-following-Spurs-defeat.html

The search for Bruce's replacement is continuing and Sportsmail reported last week how former Arsenal boss Unai Emery and Belgium manager Roberto Martinez were on the list of targets. 

We understand Emery has a release clause at Villarreal in the region of £7million, while it would cost less than £2m to release Martinez.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard and former Roma coach Paulo Fonseca are also being considered, while a new name put to us last night was Rudi Garcia, 57, who won the French double with Lille in 2011 and is out of work after leaving Lyon this summer.

The consortium want to hire a good coach who can improve players on the training ground, given the immediate need to work with a team who are winless and second bottom in the Premier League.

My main worry is that the games are running out for any new guy to make an impact. With the current setup in place, we still have the usual guaranteed 8-10 games to lose to Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool and the means we have 20 games to do something. We need change now otherwise it may become to difficult to change the mentality of this team 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm nervous they are going to rush someone like Howe or Lampard in now because fatty is so useless.

I agree we all want Bruce gone but anyone but Bruce can't be our new manager it needs to be the right choice.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I agree we all want Bruce gone but anyone but Bruce can't be our new manager it needs to be the right choice.

This is likely the position of the consortium and why they are hesitating. 

For me though, you may as well have Jones there while they look. 

Just now, LV said:

This is likely the position of the consortium and why they are hesitating. 

For me though, you may as well have Jones there while they look. 

It's how any other club operates. Puel at Leicester was sacked, caretaker took midweek game while they got Rodgers sorted. Ljungberg took Arsenal for a couple games after Emery. Caretakers, what every fucking club in the world does. Get rid of Bruce now, it's fucking incompetence beyond wildest dreams if he stays on for another game. Or day.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's how any other club operates. Puel at Leicester was sacked, caretaker took midweek game while they got Rodgers sorted. Ljungberg took Arsenal for a couple games after Emery. Caretakers, what every fucking club in the world does. Get rid of Bruce now, it's fucking incompetence beyond wildest dreams if he stays on for another game. Or day.

Yeah but every club has a line of succession should the manager leave.

We.....don't.

Just now, Lazarus said:

Yeah but every club has a line of succession should the manager leave.

We.....don't.

You have an idea, and because you don't have a manager, you get on with it. The rumour mill for us now is just shortlist after shortlist. Managers tend not to talk to clubs until the post is empty, Benitez didn't start contract talks with us until after McClaren was officially sacked.

Bruce is a cancer on this team and needs to be cut out until it becomes too late for any kind of positive remission.

However... https://fr.besoccer.com/info/simeone-approche-par-newcastle-1057034 believe this was a 2020 thing not a 2021

"The 'AS' newspaper reports that when the new owners of Newcastle started to move forward on the purchase which is now official, in 2020 they considered signing Diego Simeone as coach and his sporting director Andrea Berta with him. The aim was to replicate the successful model of Atletico Madrid."