Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Scribble said:

Could work out for both parties if he's on a short term contract for the season to see if it works and he settles.

Definitely. Would be a great opportunity for him to get on board with a big club, something which has eluded him to now. But yeah get a good DoF in place as well, we need to make sure the signings are better than what happened at Bournemouth. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Were those awful signings Bournemouth made Howe’s? Or did they have a technical guy?

Good point. Think they may have well had a recruitment team there actually.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

His Bournemouth teams defensive record was atrocious and he flopped at Burnley, yeah he would be an improvement on Bruce but I don’t think he is the answer at all.

There's certainly an element of risk, but with Howe I get the impression he is someone that is constantly learning and trying to improve, and so the time off would hopefully have served him well in that regard.

I wonder if the fact he has some familiarity with Wilson and Fraser would have been a part of all this, if it is indeed true of course.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

His Bournemouth teams defensive record was atrocious and he flopped at Burnley, yeah he would be an improvement on Bruce but I don’t think he is the answer at all.

But they played great offensive football, just wonder if he lacked the quality personnel at the back with Bournemouth?

Guest neesy111
10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He didn't flop at Burnley.

3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

He didn't flop at Burnley.

I’m sure he did didn’t he ? Wasn’t he sacked 

Just read he left them for personal reasons.

He wasn’t particularly pulling up tees there at the time though.

Edited by SUPERTOON

2 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I do like Howe but I just can’t look past how bad they are in his last season, especially given how we destroyed them at their place… under Steve Bruce. 

I like Howe as well, him and Potter are easily the two most progressive English coaches, but he's pretty far down my list tbh. Unai Emery seemed like a safer pair of hands, but would get behind Howe if the club feels he has more to show. 

Think he’d be a ‘solid pair of hands’, to use a very pfm turn of phrase.

May not be the most inspiring or big statement selection but at least he has a grasp of tactics and knows how he wants his teams to play; a rarity among English dinosaur managers on the employment carousel. 

Won’t be jumping for joy but, Christ, the thought of Lamps or Wazza taking control (or god forbid Bruce staying on) is the stuff of nightmares. Decent appointment if true.

You’d hope that he’d learn from his experience at Bournemouth as well, he won’t necessarily always take the same approach. 

Admittedly we don’t know. 

He did great at Bournemouth for quite a long time, most jobs at that level eventually become too difficult. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

pretty sure he did like!

Played 87, won 34, drew 19, lost 34, win percentage 39%. His first game in charge of Burnley was away to Scunthorpe on 22 January 2011, which ended in a 0–0 draw. Burnley finished 8th in the Championship in season 2010–11 and 13th in season 2011–12 under Howe.