Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I like the fact that Howe didn’t just jump back into any job. Although suppose it’s possible he’s applied for everything and been knocked back :lol:

He messed Celtic about for sure, leaving them hanging on for weeks before turning them down. 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Well this is good if that's where we're heading. So Rafa wouldn't have fit but might have been tolerated due to his overall quality

Yeah, Rafa is just an outstanding candidate on every level, and his football is hardly boring. More pragmatic, but with the freedom and support to build a more exciting team, I'm sure he would have targeted the players to allow for more of that.

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

This interview is worth a watch from Howe fyi:

Having watched that and the clips of his training session posted earlier, I must say, if Howe is who we ultimately end up with I'd be very comfortable with it. I like his mindset a lot and would be rooting for him to go up another level. Would never be embarrassed to have this guy as manager of the club. 

Yeah. I've seen all those vids before and never thought too much about them, but in the context of the slavver we put up with every week from Bruce, that sort of stuff sounds like dreamland. Like I said in a post a few days ago, I honestly can't wait to just hear a different voice associated with the club. Staveley, fine, that was great, and I think she seems very likeable and I think very highly of her commitment to buying us - but she's the money. I feel so desperate to start reconnecting with the club itself, and a new manager - followed by new players - is the only way that's going to happen really. So someone who speaks as well as Howe is extremely appealing at this point. 

1 minute ago, Strawberry said:

My opinion exactly. Right now the most important point is how quickly they finalize this?

Based of the article and im not sure how reliable the source is, they want the new man in by Saturday which I think is pushing it a bit considering it’s Tuesday already.

Love Howe calling Fraser “wee man” :lol:

I’d be equally happy with all 3. Howe seems such a class and thoughtful manager. Part of me wants a manager who sees this job as an opportunity to do their best work - not a place where they are just here for a year or two or will always point back to older jobs. IDK. 

I think the issue with those turning their noses up at Howe is that in this country fans and pundits alike evaluate and label managers on the final outcomes rather than looking at the context as a whole; same reason why people outside of Newcastle think that Bruce has 'done a good job' because we haven't been relegated yet whilst he's been in charge. People don't want to dig deeper as fully look at a manager's job as a whole. People see Brendan Rodgers as a bottler because of the 2014 title at Liverpool, losing out on top 4 with Leicester two years running, they see Pochettino as naff because he's never won any silverware and see Howe as poor because Bournemouth eventually got relegated. 

Bournemouth from administration to League 1 under Howe in his first spell iirc, then from League 1 to the Premier League in 3 seasons. In the Premier League they played nice stuff, and stayed there for 5 seasons which included a top half finish in 2016/17. Their relegation season they suffered from quite a few injuries, a number of which was unprecedented given their injury record in previous seasons. I think he's a really good coach and fits the ethos of club like us. I'd rather take a chance on Howe than a has been, but the has been's like Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, Pulis et cetera are a dying breed. Only Mike Ashley would continue to appoint these cunts. Even in the Championship, Thomas Frank at Brentford to now,

Valérien Ismaël at Barnsley and West Brom, the young, progressive coaches are the way forward in the modern game now Howe was one of the first of them. He'd be a good appointment albeit not the most exciting we could make. 

And that's just because me personally gets excited by the unknown, Fonseca would excite me more as probably would Favre. But Howe would be a solid choice.

Like I've said a few times, the shortlist (or long) that we've all seen consists of around 7 managers who all are an instant improvement on Kinnear, Allardyce, McClaren, Pardew, Bruce, Shearer and even Hughton, which the previous regime inflicted on us.

OK there might be personal favourites among the fanbase, or parts of these managers that we aren't sure about but ultimately they will all represent the club better than the trash we have seen under Ashley and would provide a solid STEP in the right direction.

Eddie Howe might not excite me as much as someone like Emery but there's nothing saying he could follow the same trajectory as say Brendan Rodgers.

One thing we all agree on, it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Love Howe calling Fraser “wee man” :lol:

I’d be equally happy with all 3. Howe seems such a class and thoughtful manager. Part of me wants a manager who sees this job as an opportunity to do their best work - not a place where they are just here for a year or two or will always point back to older jobs. IDK. 

Will be so good to go back to having a manager who can speak with a modicum of intelligence after Rafa left. I know outsiders would rather have us represented by a fat friendly looking pig, but from our POV we want to get back to high standards. 

Just now, TRon said:

Will be so good to go back to having a manager who can speak with a modicum of intelligence after Rafa left. I know outsiders would rather have us represented by a fat friendly looking pig, but from our POV we want to get back to high standards. 

friendly looking?

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Regarding Howe, if he's that good, what the hell happened at Bournemouth then?

Take this comment and read this post.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I think the issue with those turning their noses up at Howe is that in this country fans and pundits alike evaluate and label managers on the final outcomes rather than looking at the context as a whole; same reason why people outside of Newcastle think that Bruce has 'done a good job' because we haven't been relegated yet whilst he's been in charge. People don't want to dig deeper as fully look at a manager's job as a whole. People see Brendan Rodgers as a bottler because of the 2014 title at Liverpool, losing out on top 4 with Leicester two years running, they see Pochettino as naff because he's never won any silverware and see Howe as poor because Bournemouth eventually got relegated. 

Bournemouth from administration to League 1 under Howe in his first spell iirc, then from League 1 to the Premier League in 3 seasons. In the Premier League they played nice stuff, and stayed there for 5 seasons which included a top half finish in 2016/17. Their relegation season they suffered from quite a few injuries, a number of which was unprecedented given their injury record in previous seasons. I think he's a really good coach and fits the ethos of club like us. I'd rather take a chance on Howe than a has been, but the has been's like Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, Pulis et cetera are a dying breed. Only Mike Ashley would continue to appoint these cunts. Even in the Championship, Thomas Frank at Brentford to now,

Valérien Ismaël at Barnsley and West Brom, the young, progressive coaches are the way forward in the modern game now Howe was one of the first of them. He'd be a good appointment albeit not the most exciting we could make. 

And that's just because me personally gets excited by the unknown, Fonseca would excite me more as probably would Favre. But Howe would be a solid choice.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

People will cite injuries, which played its part but the whole model seemed to just run out of steam. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

friendly looking?

Don't ask me mate, that's the reputation Bruce seems to have built up. He does always rush over to the opposition dugout to give them all a jolly handshake and foam flecked welcome. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Have a look at the number of goals Bournemouth conceeded in the premiership season after season, which crys out that he is not the correct coach for making a team solid - this is exactly what we need right now.