Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Dokko said:

The athletic seem to think he’s on Tyneside this evening. Might be he’s announced tomorrow and Bruce’s sacking isn’t even confirmed, that I’d love. 

Fonseca is?! Oh man, here we go. God I hope this is finally it and we can get started on turning this thing around.

Paulo Fonseca’s defensive record at Roma was woeful. Roma conceded 58 goals in last season’s Serie A season, putting them in the bottom half of the table for goals conceded, even if they ultimately landed in the top half on points.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, Charlies said:

Fwiw Farves odds have drastically dropped tonight aswel,  Howe now at best odds of 6/1.

Bookies making a fortune

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

would ideally love a defensive coach initially. we really need to get that sorted and then build the team on top of that.

Fuck that. Which current top managers are defensive minded? As has been pointed out previously, a decent manager can be both attack minded AND defensively competent. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Fuck that. Which current top managers are defensive minded? As has been pointed out previously, a decent manager can be both attack minded AND defensively competent. 

I think our strength is more in forward areas and so we probably actually need someone that can make the most of that and that can sometimes be the best form of defence in actuality.

I'm at the stage now where I don't really care who it is. Just excited to see how somebody new would set the team up and get the best out of certain players who we know are capable of better. I know it's easy to look at our goals against column and say we need a defensive minded manager but the whole set up of our team is utterly shambolic at the moment, it's set up to do basically nothing except get the ball to ASM. We don't do anything particularly well so I'm fairly convinced any of the main names mentioned will improve us by not being stuck in the past. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think our strength is more in forward areas and so we probably actually need someone that can make the most of that and that can sometimes be the best form of defence in actuality.

:thup: We have good attackers, in spite of having no clear attacking plan or identity we have outscored quite a few sides in the league.