Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

As long as they are in by Brighton I’m relaxed, I wonder if PIF are involved in the interviews ?

Looking at how long it took for Bruce I would say so. I am a little concerned about Jones being in charge too long. I think he is a big part of the problems and I didn’t like when he said he’s had guarantees about his job. He needs to be booted. I honestly think we will really struggle to stay up this year and any unnecessary delay due to decision making could be crucial.

57 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I would say this is the most likely state of play with Caulkin being close to them.

Think we may see more links to ten Hag, Howe and Gerrard this week.

If I we’re a betting man I’d say it’s one of these 3, I expect Fonseca to drift in the betting not convinced they’re all in on him.

In response to a question about Paulo Fonseca on an Athletic post-match Q&A, Caulkin made it clear that PIF are yet to make a decision on Steve Bruce’s replacement. He wrote:

“I was told last night that things aren’t as advanced as that and that no formal decisions have been taken. I think there’s still a way to go in this process and more people to speak to.”

I think Hope said similar - they've obviously briefed the media with that official line. They've spoken about being respectful and I imagine they'll want to interview managers without any of them thinking they're a second/third choice or whatever. The odds are Fonseca has had his interview and has made noises to whoever that he thinks it went well - which is fine. They'll interview other candidates this week and then make a decision based on who they think is best, not who is cheapest or who will cause the least problems. It's refreshing and takes as long as it takes, let's trust their process and see who gets the gig.

26 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10126165/Get-basics-Callum-Wilson-fit-win-game-Newcastle-boss-lift-fog.html

"The word last night was that talks with candidates will continue this week, but an appointment is likely next month."

That’s quite a bold prediction. After Jones has said he’s in charge for the game on Saturday and ‘next month’ starts on Monday. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Disturbing lack of Ten Hag rumours this morning 

Last week 4-0 against BVB and 5-0 against PSV. I really don’t think he wants to leave mid-season (unless maybe for Barcelona but doubtful about that too).

18 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Last week 4-0 against BVB and 5-0 against PSV. I really don’t think he wants to leave mid-season (unless maybe for Barcelona but doubtful about that too).

So your saying he has peaked at Ajax and is looking for a new challenge, I like the cut of you jib mister.

On 19/10/2021 at 14:14, KaKa said:

I think Howe is on a very similar trajectory to Rodgers. Prior to his Leicester stint most would have turned their noses up at Rodgers I'm pretty sure.

The defending for Rodger's Leicester teams hasn't been that consistently solid either has it? And most would be happy to have him come in. I don't know I could see Howe take a step forward with us but let's see who they ultimately choose before getting too deep into that convo.

???

Rodgers did what Howe did at Swansea -got them up and kept them up. Overall, he did a good job at Liverpool - they let him go primarily because Klopp was available and willing. Had they given him another year and smarter recruitment - he would've done a very good job. Overall - good job at a massive club imo.

Celtic he was a massive success. At the very least he showed he was a very good coach and a step above the dross. The domination domestically, the goals, the style and competitive in Europe.

The Celtic job proved he was a serious manager.

Howe is all the way back to the Swansea days.

From what i hear - Graeme Jones had a huge amount of input since he came in, and bar the days off thing- the style of football &  the weird selections etc  is unlikely to change.Now i know the bar is so low that we see making them come in to training more as an improvement  yes  but i would be very very worried if hes here for more than/longer than the chelsea game.