Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Yah he did well with FC Utrect in the bundesliga but not much else. Again, not writing him off but he's not the type of manager we need now. Favre or Benitez anyday over him. 

I must have missed the Dutch city of Utrecht relocating to Germany 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

A tad over rated, and yet courted by Manchester United and Barcelona? We’ll be lucky to get him, IF we do, but we should at least be trying. He’s worked with some of the best young players in the world, and no only that but developed them- a concept that’s been lacking at our club for decades. 

You have any proper sources for him being courted by Manu besides the red tops?? I seriously doubt it. Also, Barcelona is a job that no top level manager wants these days unless you're off your rocker, literally no money to spend and a squad full of dissiliussioned players who don't even know if they'll be paid. Martinez who is pretty ordinary to say the least is being linked with them. I wouldn't be using that as an example if I was you. 

Just now, Jimwallace197 said:

You have any proper sources for him being courted by Manu besides the red tops?? I seriously doubt it. Also, Barcelona is a job that no top level manager wants these days unless you're off your rocker, literally no money to spend and a squad full of dissiliussioned players who don't even know if they'll be paid. Martinez who is pretty ordinary to say the least is being linked with them. I wouldn't be using that as an example if I was you. 

Yes, plenty of sources, European wide. I wouldn’t be telling anyone what to do if I were you, given your called someone out for taking rubbish, then proceeded to tell us all the Dutch team played in Germany. 

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Mr No Red Flags 🚩 also led the claims that Bruce would be sacked before the Tottenham game, to be fair.

The bloke is a running joke now and I see that his latest article is about Bruce (again). He can stick his red flag right up his arse. 

3 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/10/02/6158235822601d8e728b45e3.html

https://barcauniversal.com/erik-ten-hag-is-barcelonas-priority-for-next-summer/amp/

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1499918/Barcelona-news-Joan-Laporta-Erik-Ten-Hag-Ronald-Koeman-La-Liga/amp

plenty more too.

Just now, Manxst said:

Yes, plenty of sources, European wide. I wouldn’t be telling anyone what to do if I were you, given your called someone out for taking rubbish, then proceeded to tell us all the Dutch team played in Germany. 

Where's your sources so? Since you seem convinced he's next in line to be the new manager of Man United. I'll call out who I like. 

Just now, Manxst said:

I said Man United, read back my post again, Barcelona is a poisoned chalice. Any manager with an ounce of cop on would avoid that job like the plague

3 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

I said Man United, read back my post again, Barcelona is a poisoned chalice. Any manager with an ounce of cop on would avoid that job like the plague

Barcelona is still a massive job regardless of the financial trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Plenty more rags, try and improve your so called sources. The metro ffs

To be fair, if you're accepting reliable media sources only, then literally no manager has ever been linked to any club ever. 

Just now, Jimwallace197 said:

Plenty more rags, try and improve your so called sources. The metro ffs

You’ve been proved wrong and can’t face facts. He’s been linked with Man Utd and been in media other than red tops which is what you had an issue with and what you wanted me to prove. I’ve provided sources. What would you say are better ones? Given your simple error earlier regarding the Dutch team in Germany, I think I’d take my chances with even the red tops before your opinion. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Barcelona is still a massive job regardless of the financial trouble. 

No, its not, they sit 9th in La Liga, currently sit third in their cl group behind Benfica, would be very very lucky to even qualify for the last 16. Still a hugely expectant fan base & board. It's a terrible job for any up and coming manager. Not to mention, hardly any money to spend either. 

No, its not, they sit 9th in La Liga, currently sit third in their cl group behind Benfica, would be very very lucky to even qualify for the last 16. Still a hugely expectant fan base & board. It's a terrible job for any up and coming manager. Not to mention, hardly any money to spend either. 

No they don’t. They sit 9th in Ligue 1. Or is it Serie A? 

26 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Just been listening to the 'Pod on the Tyne' with Caulkin. He said he has been told on more than 1 occasion that it will not  be Fonseca who we appoint. Found that very interesting as Caulkin has links to Staveley. 

I maintain Craig Hope said as much on talksport as well 

They are and always will be one of the biggest clubs in the world, they also have some of the best young players in the world coming through and currently in the first team. It may not currently be the club it once was but it’s still a massive appeal to try and rebuild it.