Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Andy said:

To be fair, if you're accepting reliable media sources only, then literally no manager has ever been linked to any club ever. 

The way it should be. Just because some low level media sources have linked him with United, does it mean he will have a chance in hell of getting that job? no. Their jobs are to attract clicks or subscriptions not to deal with the cold reality that he has never been courted by United & would never be seriously be considered by them. 

1 minute ago, Jimwallace197 said:

The way it should be. Just because some low level media sources have linked him with United, does it mean he will have a chance in hell of getting that job? no. Their jobs are to attract clicks or subscriptions not to deal with the cold reality that he has never been courted by United & would never be seriously be considered by them. 

Why wouldn’t he be ? 

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Sure got salty in here. 

People have short memories, only a few weeks ago we were sure that cashley and cabbage head were here to stay for ever, now people are fighting over which top manager they think is best.  

:pardsbeard:

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You’ve been proved wrong and can’t face facts. He’s been linked with Man Utd and been in media other than red tops which is what you had an issue with and what you wanted me to prove. I’ve provided sources. What would you say are better ones? Given your simple error earlier regarding the Dutch team in Germany, I think I’d take my chances with even the red tops before your opinion. 

I havent been proved wrong because he still hasnt been considered whatsoever for the job at United if that ever did become vacant. And is highly unlikely to ever be either. 

You've thrown out a load of clickbait website articles with little to no concrete information to back up your " he was courted by Man United" claims. Truth was, he has never been & is highly unlikely to be. Don't believe whatever garbage you read online. 

I havent been proved wrong because he still hasnt been considered whatsoever for the job at United if that ever did become vacant. And is highly unlikely to ever be either. 

You've thrown out a load of clickbait website articles with little to no concrete information to back up your " he was courted by Man United" claims. Truth was, he has never been & is highly unlikely to be. Don't believe whatever garbage you read online. 

Sound advice, ta…

Highly unlikely to ever be? Righto. The man is at a top CL club, has developed and nurtured over £700m worth of talent which has been sold from his team. He’s been talked about Europe wide for too clubs (including Manchester UNITED, and Barcelona), he’s developed a good attacking team philosophy. But because you can’t name a source you’d actually consider, you think he’ll literally NEVER be considered for a top job. Geez…I give up.  

8 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Mackem regen alert :lol:

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why wouldn’t he be ? 

Because they could likely have Conte, Zidane if they wanted to. Serial winners not just as players but as managers too. Not some manager who looks the business but still has only done it in the Eredivise. United whether we like it or not is still one of the richest/most attractive clubs in the world, a bad decision in their appointment as a manager will have a knock on effect in the stock market even. They're going to take a punt on Ten Hag

Because they could likely have Conte, Zidane if they wanted to. Serial winners not just as players but as managers too. Not some manager who looks the business but still has only done it in the Eredivise. United whether we like it or not is still one of the richest/most attractive clubs in the world, a bad decision in their appointment as a manager will have a knock on effect in the stock market even. They're going to take a punt on Ten Hag

I agree, no way will Sheffield United be looking at this joker!

Newcastle on the other hand…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

btw for those wanting Emery - i personally think he'd be on a hiding to nothing with our arsehole fans, they'll only see his arsenal failure and unless it was instant success and nice football they'll be all over him

I’m not so sure, I think right now, anyone who comes in and keeps us up first will be well received and short-to-long-term, his pedigree suggests he will be more than capable of doing a good job.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Highly unlikely to ever be? Righto. The man is at a top CL club, has developed and nurtured over £700m worth of talent which has been sold from his team. He’s been talked about Europe wide for too clubs (including Manchester UNITED, and Barcelona), he’s developed a good attacking team philosophy. But because you can’t name a source you’d actually consider, you think he’ll literally NEVER be considered for a top job. Geez…I give up.  

Are you that naive to believe he developed that talent on his own? Seriously, Ajax have had a long history of developing youth players, Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf, RijKaard, Van Baasten. And all of a sudden you think he just came along and developed all of this amazing talent, read up on your footballing history. Ajax have a long history of developing fantastic youth players irrespective of who the manager is. 

On top of this, Ajax are not a top Cl club anymore, knocked in the group stages the last two years. Before that lucky to get to the semis and then beaten by spurs. I don't know in what way you think that is a top cl club. They qualify year on year for the Cl because the competition is so low in the Eredivise. 

11 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

They could have done that before instead of ole ? 

You also named Rodgers earlier he isn’t a serial winner ?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

They could have done that before instead of ole ? 

You also named Rodgers earlier he isn’t a serial winner ?

The Ole appointment is understandable, he's a former hero and after their previous experience with top managers, maybe they wanted to go down a different route. Not anymore though, ole has proven to be worst then both of them. Won zero. 

Rodgers won alot at Celtic and has done extremely well with Leicester over the last few seasons, very unlucky to miss out on cl football. Also, he came extremely close to winning Liverpool the league aswell. He knows the league, English is his first language, much safer punt than Ken Tag. 

The Ole appointment is understandable, he's a former hero and after their previous experience with top managers, maybe they wanted to go down a different route. Not anymore though, ole has proven to be worst then both of them. Won zero. 

Rodgers won alot at Celtic and has done extremely well with Leicester over the last few seasons, very unlucky to miss out on cl football. Also, he came extremely close to winning Liverpool the league aswell. He knows the league, English is his first language, much safer punt than Ken Tag. 

So you don’t rate Ten Hag dominating a superior Dutch league and having good success in Europe, but you rate Rodgers winning a Mickey Mouse league that didn’t even have a proper strength Rangers team ?

I was very impressed with how well drilled Ajax were against Dortmund last week like, they're extremely fluid and every player knows their role, which is usually indicative of a manager who has a plan and knows what he's doing; we've seen plenty at NUFC on the opposite end of the spectrum to be able to compare. 

Any manager we employ will have an element of risk associated given the position we're in, we aren't going to get the best of the best, but I'd prefer an exciting up and coming coach to one whose limitations we're already familiar with, ie Howe, Lampard etc. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

So you don’t rate Ten Hag dominating a superior Dutch league and having good success in Europe, but you rate Rodgers winning a Mickey Mouse league that didn’t even have a proper strength Rangers team ?

Aye, but he can speak English as his first language, where as Ten Hag  only speaks it as his second language. 

7 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Are you that naive to believe he developed that talent on his own? Seriously, Ajax have had a long history of developing youth players, Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf, RijKaard, Van Baasten. And all of a sudden you think he just came along and developed all of this amazing talent, read up on your footballing history. Ajax have a long history of developing fantastic youth players irrespective of who the manager is. 

On top of this, Ajax are not a top Cl club anymore, knocked in the group stages the last two years. Before that lucky to get to the semis and then beaten by spurs. I don't know in what way you think that is a top cl club. They qualify year on year for the Cl because the competition is so low in the Eredivise. 

Everyone knows of the Ajax academy and it’s production line, but you have to be a good manager to be able to contribute to that history. Ajax have scored more goals and conceded the fewest in the whole of Europe this year. As with any top team, the success is down to the sum of its parts. Ten Hag is a major part, being the manager. But has assistance in the success of the club via the sporting director, youth director, coaches etc. Which is why top clubs (including my own) wanting to take both Ten Hag as well as Overmars. I don’t want to be abusive and like to see others opinions as much as anyone, but simply cannot see where you’re coming from

with your view and attitude, and find it frankly idiotic.  

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rodgers did & has done exceptionally well with both Liverpool & Leicester. He's British, he knows the league inside out. Also, where did I say I didnt rate Ten Hag, I said he's not as good as some posters are making out. Good success in europe & a superior Dutch league, wtf are ya on about? He's limited success in europe, never actually won anything & the Dutch league is not so superior.

One of those snarky posters picking out one aspect of my post ya little rat 

4 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Rodgers did & has done exceptionally well with both Liverpool & Leicester. He's British, he knows the league inside out. Also, where did I say I didnt rate Ten Hag, I said he's not as good as some posters are making out. Good success in europe & a superior Dutch league, wtf are ya on about? He's limited success in europe, never actually won anything & the Dutch league is not so superior.

One of those snarky posters picking out one aspect of my post ya little rat 

No need