Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, New Beginnings said:

A new manager could have got the bounce we needed against Chelsea and took momentum into Brighton

Every game is one step closer to relegation 

They need to act now. Every day counts

Could easily have lost both games and killed any early positivity or momentum 

1 minute ago, New Beginnings said:

A new manager could have got the bounce we needed against Chelsea and took momentum into Brighton

Every game is one step closer to relegation 

They need to act now. Every day counts

Every day counts to get the right people into the club. This is a long term project. A hasty manager signing which overlooks a vital part of his tactical play (for example), could set us back literally years, with trying to implement the wrong things with the wrong players etc. Not to mention money. They’ll get it right, and will build on it. But they’ve only been here three weeks at most, and for one of those we still had Bruce! 

Don't think any would be clambering to put their name to the Chelsea game anyway, so definitely worth signing off from this if its bothersome until after that's out the way.

I definitely don't want to go into Brighton half-cocked even if just for the time thereafter before the next game cos the games after that are vital for results and were not getting a new team in January. I'll be joining the panic-mongers at that point.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Was he a Big Sam signing ? 

Thought he was a Bobby signing. 

Edit: Christ, you're right. Some reason i thought it was Bobby. 

Edited by Dokko

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm sure Bobby told Fat Sam not to sign him cos Mourinho said he was physically finished 

Thats it, I thought there was a Bobby memory about geremi. Glad I’m not going insane. 

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm sure Bobby told Fat Sam not to sign him cos Mourinho said he was physically finished 

Mou was spot on then :lol: Still liked Geremi mind, clearly was a good player before he came to us. 

Will always remember "Ron" from the Keegan team, got Beye to do all his running and just let him deliver delicious crosses from the right. Then we got relegated, was barely seen until Hughton threw him into central midfield away at Scunthorpe for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

So Geremi was the surprise name! 

What the fucking hell. This guy is in the same mould as Joelinton, Nicky Butt, Jack Colback, Alan Smith, I used to freak out when he was consistently picked week in week out, and offered absolutely nowt.

Where the hell has he reappeared from, I thought those days were behind me🥴

4 hours ago, Klaus said:

It took 14 years to get rid of Ashley, but less than a fortnight without a permanent manager and people are flapping? :lol:

Cos people now have hope and finally there's a buzz around the club after so long. They are doing their due diligence in getting the right person(s) but we are all excited.

6 hours ago, New Beginnings said:

I feel a massively underwhelming appointment coming on!

Hag

Farvre

Fonseca 

Gerrard

Chris Wilder: Appointed!

I just don't want Lampard - anybody but him. 

4 hours ago, Ben said:

I remember the lovely quote from Bobby about how Mourinho advised him too, something like "Mister, mister, he has no knees". 

Edit: Was "“Mister, he plays like a 40-year-old. He can not run any more. He will not play for me in important matches again." But really cute to see Mou refer to Bobby as "Mister".

Edited by Emotic