Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Spurs in for Conte according to the Italian press, wonder if we tried for him ?

Spurs can't afford his plane ticket.. never mind his salary 😆

Edited by Gaztoon

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Have any of the owners though ? Or are you saying you want a sporting director in first ?

Yes , it should have been number 1 priority, the very next day they bought the club, she has zero football knowledge at this level.

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Yes , it should have been number 1 priority, the very next day they bought the club, she has zero football knowledge at this level.

Sounds like one of the reasons things have taken so long is because they have been interviewing for both positions and so pretty sure we'll be announcing both a sporting director and manager at the same time. Might well be the case they interviewed the sporting directors and asked for the managers they would want during the process and then interviewed each directors manager preferences too.

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

In an ideal world I agree, who knows maybe that’s why it is taking a while and they are getting a sporting director in and he is choosing the manager.

8 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

After watching Brighton a few times this season.. I'm firmly in the Potter camp.

And with money in Jan to build to his style he could be our manager for years to come.. before england comes knocking.

:thup: As soon as the takeover was announced Potter was my preference. 

2 hours ago, Dandy Don said:

Betting patterns.

Yesterday big odds with Sky.

Now 5/2 favourite with them,and all the other candidates drifting right out in betting... Obviously something going on,or bookies making it up....Was mentioned on Talkshite Radio.

TalkSport are fully in bed with the bookies to manipulate odds

3 minutes ago, maze said:

The new owners’ hesitation might just cost the club its PL status. 

We don’t know they are hesitating, I agree the time taken is a bit of a concern given our current position but the only time to judge them is after the new manager is named. If they announced a top class manager then they taking a few weeks wouldn’t matter.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

In an ideal world I agree, who knows maybe that’s why it is taking a while and they are getting a sporting director in and he is choosing the manager.

I honestly think they were not expecting anything until the Summer at the earliest. They have been caught with their pants down (especially the UK side I believe), however I do have some sympathy in this. Needs to be sorted now though as we’re not in a position to keep waiting.

2 hours ago, Dandy Don said:

Betting patterns.

Yesterday big odds with Sky.

Now 5/2 favourite with them,and all the other candidates drifting right out in betting... Obviously something going on,or bookies making it up....Was mentioned on Talkshite Radio.

:dowiespin:

Just now, The Prophet said:

There's far too much talk of hesitation and indecision considering we have absolutely zero idea what's going on behind the scenes. If anything the snippets of information we do have suggest otherwise.

Yeah, think the original plan was Rafa and his guy McParland.

Once the takeover went through, with Rafa having gone to Everton, seems they decided to review the whole situation and look at all available directors and managers, and interview their favourites. Bit of a process, but ultimately I think it will be in the best interests of the club.

The bookies odds are nothing to do with talk sport. The bookies bet more than the punters do. It’s all an algorithm to balance every eventuality out so whatever happens they somehow come out ahead. It’s only really one off events like Cheltenham where non gamblers get involved when they take a hammering from time to time.