Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

28 minutes ago, STM said:

So to be clear, it's been less than 2 weeks since Bruce was sacked and the club have reportedly been casting their net wide, interviewing various candidates for both the managers job and the DOF role, whilst trying to find a common goal between interviewees to give us a sustainable long term vision?

Judging by some of the bed wetting, because we got pumped off Chelsea, I'm guessing there's not a vast experience of headhunting and high level recruitment on this forum? [emoji38]

"Why didn't they just hire Fonseca on day one man!"

Erm, because they aren't cowboys with itchy trigger fingers perhaps?

Can we lock the thread, delete all the other posts and just leave this one until we have a new manager? 

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

His actual tweet was "I've been told it won't be Fonseca, but it's not certain." He basically admitted that his info couldn't be trusted.

Okay, Im not going to defend Caulkin, its just my opinion.   MSM know jack shit so no need to get worked up with the articles they put out.  Its the same with player transfers, its all bollocks!

There must be a local media whatsapp group or something because they all get their information at the same time. When a manager does come to the forefront, one journo will break it, like Hope and then all the rest will get the same information.

Once a candidate is clearly getting the job and everything is agreed, we will hear from Staveley via one of the local journalists.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

There must be a local media whatsapp group or something because they all get their information at the same time. When a manager does come to the forefront, one journo will break it, like Hope and then all the rest will get the same information.

Once a candidate is clearly getting the job and everything is agreed, we will hear from Staveley via one of the local journalists.

More likely it’s the same source, Charnley leaks all sorts to the press.

Also probably why a lot of it is garbage and inaccurate.

20 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

His actual tweet was "I've been told it won't be Fonseca, but it's not certain." He basically admitted that his info couldn't be trusted.

His reply covers both options , he’s clueless 

I'd rather they took their time and got the right man. 

Ok that has meant possibly losing points, but would we have got points against Tottenham and Chelsea ? Possibly, but it's a moot point now.

Get the right bloke, even if it takes a few weeks, not an issue in the long run imo if they get it right.

Just now, nufcnick said:

We have done in previous seasons 

True, but there were no guarantees a new manager would have got anything.

A new man straight away would have been ideal, but as I think most of us suspect, they want a sporting director and manager in together.

So if that's suspicion is correct that's taking a bit more time. Is that ideal ? Nope. Will it work ? One would hope so.

All I know is, despite the delay I'm far more encouraged for the future. If I have to wait another week or two, I'm prepared to do that without going overboard with worry.

After what's gone before, that's nowt imo.

Name that hasn't been mentioned that we've been linked with going back to last year is Paul Mitchell for the DOF role, he was at Southampton when they brought in Pochettino, and then they both went to Spurs. Mitchell then went on to RB Leipzig and is now at Monaco. Sounds pretty decent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/monaco-paul-mitchell-interview-tottenham-b1787740.html

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Or, to give the guy a break, he has a source in the consortium who doesn’t fancy Fonseca, but other parties within it might. We’re regularly told that there are various people with inputs with PIF getting sign off.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Name that hasn't been mentioned that we've been linked with going back to last year is Paul Mitchell for the DOF role, he was at Southampton when they brought in Pochettino, and then they both went to Spurs. Mitchell then went on to RB Leipzig and is now at Monaco. Sounds pretty decent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/monaco-paul-mitchell-interview-tottenham-b1787740.html

This is why I find some of the managerial links a bit strange because some of them don’t match up with the Sporting directors linked.

The 1 signing in the summer with the "that will do it worked last year approach" while the side got older and poorer and all teams looked to improve was and is such a larger factor to our what looks like impending doom. 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This is why I find some of the managerial links a bit strange because some of them don’t match up with the Sporting directors linked.

Yeah, guess we'll find out who both will be soon enough.

46 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm sure Pablo Longoria was mentioned early on in 2020 as the man to take us forward, although he is now the president of Marseille so doubt he would leave that to come back to the club. There was links with Villas-Boas and Sampaoli who have both been a manager under him at different clubs and he has experience with Juventus, Atalanta and Sassuolo.

32 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

The 1 signing in the summer with the "that will do it worked last year approach" while the side got older and poorer and all teams looked to improve was and is such a larger factor to our what looks like impending doom. 

Agreed. And that one signing has looked like a player who'd rather be somewhere else.

Another problem we have in the next window is that the other Premiership sides will be extremely reluctant to sell us or loan us anyone. It's in the interests of all 19 to see us go down, and this is a heaven-sent opportunity for them to make it happen.

We need a manager with good connections to the foreign market.

Edited by Cronky

2 hours ago, STM said:

So to be clear, it's been less than 2 weeks since Bruce was sacked and the club have reportedly been casting their net wide, interviewing various candidates for both the managers job and the DOF role, whilst trying to find a common goal between interviewees to give us a sustainable long term vision?

Judging by some of the bed wetting, because we got pumped off Chelsea, I'm guessing there's not a vast experience of headhunting and high level recruitment on this forum? [emoji38]

"Why didn't they just hire Fonseca on day one man!"

Erm, because they aren't cowboys with itchy trigger fingers perhaps?

:clap:

Some are saying a relegation wouldn’t be so bad, I disagree. We know they are in for other clubs too, say for example they buy Inter as well, suddenly we could be the “B” team.

A year can be a long time when you consider how quickly things have moved in just one month. Personally I think it’s vital we remain in the top league to maintain the focus on us.

Staveley is emotionally invested in this but that’s not to say that PIF are. They will back the best horse they have.

Edited by Dr Jinx

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Agreed. And that one signing has looked like a player who'd rather be somewhere else.

Another problem we have in the next window is that the other Premiership sides will be extremely reluctant to sell us or loan us anyone. It's in the interests of all 19 to see us go down, and this is a heaven-sent opportunity for them to make it happen.

We need a manager with good connections to the foreign market.

And arguably even more important the sporting director does 

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Some are saying a relegation wouldn’t be so bad, I disagree. We know they are in for other clubs too, say for example they buy Inter as well, suddenly we could be the “B” team.

A year can be a long time when you consider how quickly things have moved in just one month. Personally I think it’s vital we remain in the top league to maintain the focus on us.

Staveley is emotionally invested in this but that’s not to say that PIF are. They will back the best horse they have.

Yeah, there's every chance they would just cut their losses and move on.

1 hour ago, Chizzletooth said:

Or, to give the guy a break, he has a source in the consortium who doesn’t fancy Fonseca, but other parties within it might. We’re regularly told that there are various people with inputs with PIF getting sign off.

As always my hilarity is not at his expense [he's a journo doing the job of a journo] it's at those who think he is anything other than that. He may well have connections, doesn't dispute yhe fact that 99% of the time he lets the wind blow up his arse and waggle his typing fingers.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, there's every chance they would just cut their losses and move on.

They’ve stated officially that it’s a long term project. Why would they cut their losses after 8 months? That would make zero sense. And even if they did, I can’t see anyone queuing up to buy us again. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

They’ve stated officially that it’s a long term project. Why would they cut their losses after 8 months? That would make zero sense. And even if they did, I can’t see anyone queuing up to buy us again. 

They won’t cut their losses, it’s a long term project and they know fine well the gravy train is the PL.

As much as peoples default position is to expect to the worse with NUFC, the reality is they will get this right, it might just take a while.

These first few weeks were always going to be fraught and difficult for them. 

Edited by Whitley mag