Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

They’ve stated officially that it’s a long term project. Why would they cut their losses after 8 months? That would make zero sense. And even if they did, I can’t see anyone queuing up to buy us again. 

I'm not saying they would, but it is a possibility.

Going down would extend the term of the project by at least a year, in reality a lot more because it would affect the amount we could spend under FFP for at least 3 years, amongst other stuff.

Oh I’m not saying they’d cut their losses, it’s just a matter of the here and now, if they have a stake in Inter and they have a chance to win a title and play in the champions league, that’s where I’d be ploughing my money for the moment.

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Oh I’m not saying they’d cut their losses, it’s just a matter of the here and now, if they have a stake in Inter and they have a chance to win a title and play in the champions league, that’s where I’d be ploughing my money for the moment.

The money in the PL far outweighs anything Italy could offer or provide in the future. Plus TV audiences are also vastly greater. If they want to make money as an investment, or do their ‘sportswashing’, England is the place to do it. 

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

The 1 signing in the summer with the "that will do it worked last year approach" while the side got older and poorer and all teams looked to improve was and is such a larger factor to our what looks like impending doom. 

The more I look at it , it was a deliberate risk as being unhindered by FFP was a selling point

3 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

So might have rushing and picking the wrong person to be fair.

3 hours ago, madras said:

Do you think if we'd appointed Lampard last week we'd have beat Chelsea ?

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Really !!

Got nothing to do with Ashley,Charley or Bruce who over the 14 years have destroyed this club.

The things is; I’d really expected them to have sorted this before they took over. I mean, asking their top candidate if he is willing to manage once they got the keys is really not that hard. 
Rafa was appointed by Everton long before the takeover happened, so they already knew he was not available. 
Since the start of the season everybody can see were the club is at (rock bottom) so really not ‘rocket science’ finding out with their candidate if our position would be a problem. 

Also, if it has something to do with reputation because of the Saudis, this could also have been sorted way before. 

To me, it seems that the new owners are struggling with appointment, and are running out of preferred candidates. 

But hey, I don’t really know, I am just concerned:dontknow:

4 minutes ago, maze said:

The things is; I’d really expected them to have sorted this before they took over. I mean, asking their top candidate if he is willing to manage once they got the keys is really not that hard. 
Rafa was appointed by Everton long before the takeover happened, so they already knew he was not available. 
Since the start of the season everybody can see were the club is at (rock bottom) so really not ‘rocket science’ finding out with their candidate if our position would be a problem. 

Also, if it has something to do with reputation because of the Saudis, this could also have been sorted way before. 

To me, it seems that the new owners are struggling with appointment, and are running out of preferred candidates. 

But hey, I don’t really know, I am just concerned:dontknow:

And it does seem like the speed of the go ahead caught them on the hop, now do you want the best possible or the quickest possible appointment ?

37 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Some folks are struggling with the concept of there being more than one possible outcome.

Let's worry about X and Y kind of things if we ever get to that scenario. 

31 minutes ago, madras said:

And it does seem like the speed of the go ahead caught them on the hop, now do you want the best possible or the quickest possible appointment ?

Whatever appointment that keeps us up, really. Days are passing, games are played, unless we start climbing it’s all in vain. 

I love the absolute conviction that Fonesca would be a better appointment than Martinez, despite very little evidence to suggest so.

Is it because Fonseca or Favre haven't been in this league therefore represent a hope that they will be mint?

There's equal chance of either of those being absolute flops.

I include myself in being someone preferring Favre/Fonseca FWIW.