Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Seriously. If this is what we’re like after being bought out by these guys then the next few seasons are going to be a nightmare on here.

Just fucking calm down

Mate it years and years of Ashley that have us a bubbling mess [emoji38]

I get what you mean, I haven’t stopped pissing the bedsheets since 5pm yesterday [emoji38]

Edited by GWN

We are nearly all impatient fickle fucks. Our very nature, especially coming on here is to pick things apart and Ashley conditioning always drags us to the negatives.

Rafa - will it work a second time, it will taint his memories? Too pragmatic  

Conte - he is a finisher for top teams and can he cope in a relegation scrap?

Favre - defensive questions, he is dull and uninspiring, will ASM stay?

ten Hag - only managed in Holland

Fonseca - dodgy defensive teams

Gerrard - not convinced and he will only leave us for liverpool or England.

Etc..

I doubt there is an appointment that won't bring concerns. The biggest one is just making sure we make aa decision and hire one this week. The sooner someone comes in the sooner we can calm down down get behind them regardless of who it is.

25 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I was one of the very few on here that didn’t take PIF’s public statement withdrawing their interest in the cub on face value and continued to argue with the likes of FB and JL that there was a possibility that they were still interested in buying us even when just about everyone thought the takeover was dead and buried.

There were things that led me to believe that could be a possibility, I did not state it was the case because I didn’t know, I just said I thought it was possible. FB, JL and the like simply dismissed that, treating their opinion that PIF had gone as fact, rather than accepting that there could be more than one possibility.

That is what you are doing now. You come across as someone completely unwilling or unable to see that there is more that one side to and argument, more than one possibility outside of your opinion, the archetype of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Just like PIF’s statement about withdrawing their interest, I also don’t simply take the statements about this being a long term project on face value. It is obviously going to take some time to turn us into a competitive club, but that long term will not be an unlimited one, relegation would put that project back and they would make an analysis of where it is worth continuing with it or not.

PIF are ruthless, they have cut losses on multi-billion investments in the past, it’s incredibly naive to discount any possibility of that in our case.

I’m not saying that would be the case, just that it is one possibility, my response was in the context of some people saying relegation might not be all that bad.

As  I am sure you are aware of from the Takeover Thread, I was aware that PIF never withdrew their bid to anyone in the Consortium, they only "said" it for public consumption. 

Throughout the 18 months I repeatedly said that the success of the Takeover was completely inevitable, because of the calibre of our buyers, Reubens, PIF and PCP. They have bought us as a consortium, not as three individual groups.

That is one of the differences between you and I - I said what was inevitable before it happened, not after the event !!!

The "calibre" of the consortium and its constituent members has not changed, so do not get concerned about it - this  is only the beginning of a VERY long journey.

People are panicking because it would be the most NUFC thing ever to seemingly hit the jackpot and then get relegated, making the Saudis lose faith and sell up. We've seen so many false dawns and the club clutch defeat from the jaws of victory that, historically, it's just the type of thing that could realistically happen to us. 2008 when KK came back then 8 months later it all falling apart in disaster is a perfect example of this. I think relegation is a very serious worry for us in all sorts of ways. Call it bedwetting if you want but that's what I think.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

People are panicking because it would be the most NUFC thing ever to seemingly hit the jackpot and then get relegated, making the Saudis lose faith and sell up. We've seen so many false dawns and the club clutch defeat from the jaws of victory that, historically, it's just the type of thing that could realistically happen to us. 2008 when KK came back then 8 months later it all falling apart in disaster is a perfect example of this. I think relegation is a very serious worry for us in all sorts of ways. Call it bedwetting if you want but that's what I think.

I agree , posters thinking they wouldn’t just sell up I don’t know how they can be so confident in anything . These Ashley years have ruined us .

1 minute ago, GWN said:

I agree , posters thinking they wouldn’t just sell up I don’t know how they can be so confident in anything . These Ashley years have ruined us .

Because it is obvious, completely and definitely and invevitably so.

Ashley is gone, he only has a remaining impact, inside your head, if you allow him to.

Think the club is hoping Everton get turned over tomorrow night as Rafa's position becomes untenable, especially if Spuds get in there first and sack Nuno, then the Rafa appointment and departure doesn't look so stupid.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Think the club is hoping Everton get turned over tomorrow night as Rafa's position becomes untenable, especially if Spuds get in there first and sack Nuno, then the Rafa appointment and departure doesn't look so stupid.

It sounds romantic but do you honestly think that is the way anyone with a modicum of sense would approach appointing a new manager?

I'm sick of hearing about Benitez to be honest. He's not coming back and I don't really want him to now either. The circumstances in which he were to come back would be very, very awkward and I don't think it would rub off on us very well at all.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You can't run a club on hope and predictions man, I'm quite sure that the owners won't be either. 

For a while I was like "as much as I love Rafa I think just maybe we should start totally fresh". As of now though, I can't think of anyone even near as good of a fit for us right now. Rafa in and he already knows every single damn detail about our players, and most of the players know him and his tactics and so on. 

He would be able to hit the ground running more or less from the off, apart from that we are low on confidence. He doesn't need to "get to know" and experiment what works and what not. A totally new one will take time before he gets the best out of our players, and it will take time for the players as well, both tactically and mentally. Rafa would give them an instant lift considering the players know what this team can do under Rafa. It would be a massive boost. We don't really have too much time to experiment and all that if we wanna be close enough come January. 

Having said all this, I doubt that Rafa is realistic at all right now, unless they lose the next game again. I'd rather spend 1000 quid on Rafa keeping us up than 500 on another manager. 

I'm just talking hypothetically, in an ideal world right now judging by our current position. 

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, STM said:

It sounds romantic but do you honestly think that is the way anyone with a modicum of sense would approach appointing a new manager?

We've no idea of the calibre of the new board. What we do know is they lack football experience and there's a convoluted hierarchy of decision. I'd honestly hope its something like waiting on Rafa than being this far in and having no idea on who they want, because that's how it feels. 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You can't run a club on hope and predictions man, I'm quite sure that the owners won't be either. 

You also can't go weeks without making a decision whilst games tick away. They'll learnt this the hard way sooner and more catastrophic than they'd imagined when buying the club.  

19 minutes ago, Wandy said:

People's calmness at the situation makes me more panicy than the panic.

Were second bottom, playing terrible going into November.  The only thing that's different about our situation to anybody else, including us, that's ever been in this situation and been duly concerned is the laurel of a takeover. Which wont effect the playing stuff for at least a couple more months and nobody knows to what extent. The only way it doesn't get worse is via a new manager.