Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Can't see any top manager taking us on, looking more and more like we'll have to go for someone like Big Sam :(

Don't believe that's the case at all, we may not get a "top" manager in the Conte bracket, but there are plenty of candidates in the next tier down who would undoubtedly give it a crack if offered it. 

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

We are not going to get a Conte, Poch or Mourinho for the next 3 years.  We need someone who can come in, organise us and get us into the top 10 consistently.  At that point then we can go for it and get a top quality manager.   We need a Favre, Fonseca or something like that.  In fact if spurs beat us to the punch for Fonseca, I would go for Nuno but to be honest we should have our manager in before Spurs sack him.

The next manager is important but its unlikely it will be the one that wins us trophies or is around for 5 years or more.   They need to get on with it now and get the person in place so they are prepared and ready for 2 weeks intense training during the international break.  If we reach the break and they haven't appointed anyone, then that is when concerns will mount for me.   They have this week - please dont screw it up.

Nuno on the verge of being sacked tonight according to Spurs fans 

The alleged people being interviewed aren’t going to suddenly walk away because we got turned over by Chelsea. They won’t look at it as needing to claw back 6 points on Burnley or whatever, they’ll aim for 50 points or something (knowing 40ish - or even less - will be enough).

Guest reefatoon
14 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Can't see any top manager taking us on, looking more and more like we'll have to go for someone like Big Sam :(

[emoji38] Christ, if it was fat Sam that would be me out. That cunt made me Jack my season ticket in the last time.

7 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

We are not going to get a Conte, Poch or Mourinho for the next 3 years.  We need someone who can come in, organise us and get us into the top 10 consistently.  At that point then we can go for it and get a top quality manager.   We need a Favre, Fonseca or something like that.  In fact if spurs beat us to the punch for Fonseca, I would go for Nuno but to be honest we should have our manager in before Spurs sack him.

The next manager is important but its unlikely it will be the one that wins us trophies or is around for 5 years or more.   They need to get on with it now and get the person in place so they are prepared and ready for 2 weeks intense training during the international break.  If we reach the break and they haven't appointed anyone, then that is when concerns will mount for me.   They have this week - please dont screw it up.

I dont see any of Fonseca, Favre or Nuno wanting to manage us, only reason they'd do it is for a shit load of cash.

We are going down.

1 minute ago, Karjala said:

I dont see any of Fonseca, Favre or Nuno wanting to manage us, only reason they'd do it is for a shit load of cash.

We are going down.

Fonsesa and Favre do want to manage us that’s why they got interviewed 

2 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

The alleged people being interviewed aren’t going to suddenly walk away because we got turned over by Chelsea. They won’t look at it as needing to claw back 6 points on Burnley or whatever, they’ll aim for 50 points or something (knowing 40ish - or even less - will be enough).

Another 46 points from 28 games?

1 minute ago, Karjala said:

We are going down.

Of course they do it for a shit load of cash, why else is De Bruyne at Man City, Lukaku at Chelsea etc, they go for the most part where they get the best deal. If we offer a shit load of cash more than otheres we'll get better.

Hm. I don’t like the idea of Nuno tbh. Got a bad feeling about him for some reason. Yeah, he did a great job with Wolves for a while but there’s something off about him I can’t shake. Think it would end in tears tbh.

He’s a bit too cautious, I’d say we need someone who can galvanize the fans, squad and club through charisma and personality.

I know I’ve said it a lot of times but I’d much rather an “unknown” with a penchant for progressive, attacking football like Fonseca, Jaissle or Amorim than Nuno. 

We’re effectively wanting 36 points from 23 games as you can probably write off the other 5 games against the 3 elite teams.

We need to get all 9 points from Brentford, Norwich and Burnley and even get something on Saturday.

Just now, clintdempsey said:

Hm. I don’t like the idea of Nuno tbh. Got a bad feeling about him for some reason. Yeah, he did a great job with Wolves for a while but there’s something off about him I can’t shake. Think it would end in tears tbh.

He’s a bit too cautious, I’d say we need someone who can galvanize the fans, squad and club through charisma and personality.

I know I’ve said it a lot of times but I’d much rather an “unknown” with a penchant for progressive, attacking football like Fonseca, Jaissle or Amorim than Nuno. 

agreed that's why I want Favre or Fonseca.  I just can't get excited about a Lampard, Howe or Gerrard.  Nuno is a left field if others dont come off

6 minutes ago, Karjala said:

We are going down.

So? We just happen to have a shit load of cash. If that gets us the best manager we can get, I’ll be a happy man. Where’s the problem? 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

We’re effectively wanting 36 points from 23 games as you can probably write off the other 5 games against the 3 elite teams.

We need to get all 9 points from Brentford, Norwich and Burnley and even get something on Saturday.

Very rare a team goes down with 40 points

Guest neesy111

Rare yes but we looking at the starts by most teams we could be on for that this season.

It'll certainly be higher points needed to stay up than last season.

Edited by neesy111

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

Hence why we need a world class manager -someone who will lift these players. They need to drop a ton of cash at Contes door and give him whatever control he wants.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Rare yes but we looking at the starts by most teams we could be on for that this season.

If you have a look at last season at the same stage Brighton in 16th had 10, then 12th - 15th had between 13 - 14 points. Don't think teams lower table have had good starts at all looking at that.