Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 minutes ago, LV said:

This club is in a right state following Ashley’s tenure. The new owners will have so much to do and they are business people, not football experts. They’ve got football advisors but the decision making process is a pretty convoluted one given this is a consortium of 3 parties and not owned by one person. 

This is all going to take time and we’re gonna have to cut them some slack here. It would have been a mammoth task as it was if things had all gone to plan but they, like all of us, were massively caught on the hop here by the Premier League folding due to the legal pressure put on them and allowing the takeover through overnight after years of deadlock.

As well as deciding on a manager and possibly DoF they’ve got to have one eye on the January transfer window too. Then there’s staffing issues (the club was run by a skeleton crew throughout) and infrastructure and Lord knows what else.

This is gonna take time and yeah, it might be too late to save us this season who knows. We’re just going to have to ride this one out but let’s be clear, it’s Ashley (and on the football side,Bruce) who got us in this position, not the new owners. They’ve just got to pick up the broken pieces and I’m sure that’s what they are trying to do to the best of their abilities. 

Great post.

In addition, the new owners have engaged in a bitter fight over the better part of 18 months with a cabal of PL Clubs which were determined to block their acquisition of the club at very step. They have succeeded and have given every indication that they are in it for the long haul - to build the club back up, and to do it correctly, with the right personnel, for the long-term. Otherwise, they would've just given up at the first rebuffal last year and bought Inter Milan instead. Pride means a great deal in the Middle East and now they're in it, they won't back out easily.

Building for the long-term, with the right personnel from the get-go - after being caught off-guard by the eventual speed of the acquisition - is not something that will happen overnight. I'd rather they be conscientious and get the team they feel will best suit the long-term plans of the club and in so doing interview the best candidates out there and convince them that the future is bright here. It isn't easy for a club in the North East and left in a shambolic state by the previous regime. We've been patient with Mike Ashley and suffered false dawns for 14 years. I'm willing to wait for the new owners to do their business. It isn't easy, and it's only been three weeks. Be patient and everything will be all right in the end. 

1 hour ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Big ask mind when we haven't won in 10!

Although I do agree with your sentiments. 28 games in order for a new manager to move us up the table 2 places. 

Aye. Haven't won in 10 but if any new manager think he can't get us 2 wins or even move us up at least 2 places, then that manager deserves to be left alone on island with Steve Bruce with only a kebab for theur survival.

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

A golden generation side as well. Won absolutely nothing.

They came up against a better France team in 2018, and lost narrowly to a very good Italy team at the Euros. As good as they are, it’s taken the best team in the tournament each time to knock them out.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Dandy Don said:

A lot of the so called names in Frame like Fonseca and so,if chance came along say like Spurs job,these guys would rather take it and be London based rather than up in North East,its a fact.

They also have much better players

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

Wouldn't go with Nuno right now. It's unlikely that he's been watching / analysing the team like the other prospective candidates will have.

That said, would it really take more than watching 5 minutes of any recent game to tell him all he needs to know?

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

How have Spurs pretty much appointed Conte already?

I thought a new manager took at least 3 weeks to appoint?

Because they have the infrastructure and players to go out and get the best name available where as we are rebuilding a whole club from top to bottom and have wheelie bins for ice baths ?

How have Spurs pretty much appointed Conte already?

I thought a new manager took at least 3 weeks to appoint?

They’re a more attractive club right now due to league position, players, infrastructure. Plus the owners have been there longer than three weeks and have spoken to Conte for longer than that- they even interviewed him in the summer- they just needed to pick up where they left off. Still not done though- can’t see them having too much cash to spend which Conte would want, and not sure that Conte and Levy would be best buddies with their individual personalities. He turned them down in the summer, after all. We’ll see. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Because they have the infrastructure and players to go out and get the best name available where as we are rebuilding a whole club from top to bottom and have wheelie bins for ice baths ?

Wheelie bins are irrelevant to the point you're trying to make.

Our search has taken too long, that can't be argued against in my opinion.

They were too slow to sack Bruce and the new manager search is taking too long. We're not in an easy mid table position at the end of the day. We're a hopeless team who looks like they won't win a game all season without big changes and we're already over a quarter of the way through the season.

Wheelie bins are irrelevant to the point you're trying to make.

Our search has taken too long, that can't be argued against in my opinion.

It can be argued against, if at the end of the week we end up with a top class manager would it have taken too long ?

I'd take Nuno. Not top of my wish list or anything, and I'd be concerned about the options they've been running through the past few weeks if they jumped on Nuno at the first chance. :lol: but I'd take him. 

Just now, wormy said:

I'd take Nuno. Not top of my wish list or anything, and I'd be concerned about the options they've been running through the past few weeks if they jumped on Nuno at the first chance. :lol: but I'd take him. 

Before his spurs spell I would have agreed, I just think he looks a beaten man that needs a break for a bit.