Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, duo said:

Gutted if Spurs get Conte

Why? We aren't even batting on the same pitch as them right now.

Let the top 4/6 crack on and slit each others throats whilst we get our house in order.

When the time comes we can pounce but right now that's 3 seasons away, minimum.

Might be wrong totally, but just get the feeling that the length of time it has taken, possibly suggests they are trying to get somebody currently in a management position. If it's Howe, Lampard, Terry (no thanks to all 3), Favre or Fonseca, then you would imagine they would be in already (again just opinion and guesswork).

My one big concern is Martinez as I think he would be a total disaster of an appointment. Emery or ten Hag are the other two, who woud need a lot of conviction and guarantees from the owners plans and long term project also, to even consider the role (imho). Don't think Conte would even consider a team in our position. Benitez is too loyal to leave Everton (I think their board will give him the full season also). Outsider could be Mourinho, although he has already said (like Rafa), that he is staying.

Since the takeover has happened, the total decimation of the infrastructure, investment, manager/coaching and most importantly the team by Ashley over the last 14 years is being fully demonstrated in full scale. Just wish this takeover had happened in the summer (not rocket science I know mind). We will just have to see what happens, but just have a feeling (gut) there maybe some disappointiment across the fanbase when the next manager is announced. Anyone from Favre, Fonseca, Emery or ten Hag and I think that's quite a statment for the position we are currently in. Got a horrible sneaky feeling it will be Howe or Martinex though, hope to god I am worng.    

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, duo said:

He's not the right fit for Spurs imo

From Spurs or Conte's perspective? :lol:  I don't see where they're going to get the type of money for players Conte would want, but shipping Kane could help. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Unless they’ve decided to become ambitious, I think you’re right. 

'The Snake' Levy hates spending money and there's no way they would give Conte the money he's likely to want to bring players in. I just can't see Conte getting on with Levy for long at all, if he goes there it'd have to be purely to work in London again (god knows why though, it's a shithole).

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

No one except Ben himself has mentioned Koeman, he's just creating his own rumour at this point [emoji38]

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-ronald-koeman-barcelona-sacking-21993367.amp

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/10/28/ronald-koeman-newcastle-united-manager-barcelona-michael-ball/?amp

every manager going has been linked at some point, Koeman included. 

Could definitely be waiting on another club to line up a replacement for the manager we want before things become official. It's tough to keep that sort of thing private though.

I think they are just being carefully detailed in getting this as right as tbey can. Likely taking a few knockbacks in the process. 

Lampard, Terry or even Martinez and I'll not be happy with the appointments, even a tad disappointed in the new owners. I mean, they're not Bruce, but that's about all the enthusiasm they inspire in me I'm afraid. I don't think Gerrard or Howe could save us. Fonseca, Ten Hag or Favre would be pretty interesting. Rafa would be fun and Conte would be amazing - the realist in me thinks we'll end up with Emery though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd be alright with that I think.

... let's face it, a month or so ago I'd all but given up hope of ever enjoying football with our club ever again, it's still not sunk in that we have the owners that we do with the possibilities it brings, but then I guess that's because we've not seen any real changes so far, it'll all come in good time I'm sure.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Just now, Thorpinho said:

Haha jesus not in talks...maybe Steve Bruce left a manuscript of his new book "manager" with the new owners and they have read chapter 1 titled "do nothing and go on holiday".

Think Jorge will stay at Benfica. 

Doesn't matter who comes in,the board will say what all other clubs do"Oh yes he was always our first choice".

Aye like Nuno was about 6th choice at Spurs,and they said he was always at top of list.

Some of these Chairmen must think all us football fans are as stupid as Sunderland's are.😀