Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah absolutely if it’s Fonseca or Favre or even Ten Hag I will be going in blind.

Mainly the reason I want Emery tbh I know enough about him to be confident he will be a success.

TBH, I don't mind a bit of the unknown myself. I just hear a lot of Fonseca, Fonseca, Fonseca and wondered how many knew anything about him.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Wtf are you on about :lol: I simply asked you what you meant with being worried about other fans regarding PF. Because I didn't quite get what you were implying towards or what you meant.

You are the one who asked me to convince you that you were wrong :lol: I wasn't even questioning anything, nor have a reason to say you are right/wrong. 

We are definitely done here.

Just now, ManDoon said:

:lol: gen was shocked how bad we were in the flesh. I’ve seen Stephen hawking move faster than longstaff. It’s crazy 

I went to the Tottenham game after exiling myself from nufc, even TV games.

Genuinely couldn't believe how disorganised and lacklustre that same squad Rafa had is now.

They basically are the footballing embodiment of Steve Bruce now.

Not sure I’m really feeling the desire to get Rafa back. Pretty hard to deny he did an excellent job with a mostly poor set of players and funds available, but so do many other less successful managers. I don’t see a lot from his track record post-Liverpool to say he can bring long-term success or that he’s a “world class manager” that I often hear, but on the other hand you could likely say that about the other options and he’d certainly have a ‘project’. 

Saying that he’s a pragmatic man who did his job very well and then understandably moved on and so should we. He can be a legend without ruining his reputation as people have said. 

Slight question mark about Dutch managers in the premier league, none have ever had sustained success.

Although Overmars has the experience as a player. So maybe that DoF combo would work, still a gamble though.

Emery at Arsenal was not good if anyone can remember, they were a soft touch and he looked like a rabbit in the headlights when things weren’t going well.

Fonseca could be anything. Total gamble.

Martinez, well his Everton side were frail at the back, something Koeman sorted out while he was there.

Rafa hasn’t exactly pulled up trees in his last two appointments. Had the platform in China, should have easily been the best coach there. Everton was always going to be tough but they could be doing better, is he hitting a rut? The Mike Ashley effect?

The PFM’s in training also don’t inspire confidence.

Conte is the standout candidate and it looks like we didn’t even try.

41 minutes ago, kisearch said:

:lol: An incredible case study in what quickly happens when football fans used to having nothing suddenly have the prospect of getting everything they've ever dreamt of. 

Some people are probably going to find out that they're just unhappy.

I wonder how many wouldn’t have taken a completed takeover and Rafa returning a month ago :lol:

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Conte is the standout candidate and it looks like we didn’t even try.

Nah, I’m sure we’d have asked, but it’s clear he’s a ‘winner’ and not a ‘builder’ which is what we need right now. He’d have turned us down for sure. He’s a man who wants trophies and move, not build an empire. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Nah, I’m sure we’d have asked, but it’s clear he’s a ‘winner’ and not a ‘builder’ which is what we need right now. He’d have turned us down for sure. He’s a man who wants trophies and move, not build an empire. 

Surely that’s just circumstance though. He wanted to stay in his last role but the board broke promises.

He’s high maintenance for sure but there’s no doubt the intelligence he has in setting up his teams to the strength of his players. I’m really annoyed he’s going to Spurs, such a waste.

24 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I went to the Tottenham game after exiling myself from nufc, even TV games.

Genuinely couldn't believe how disorganised and lacklustre that same squad Rafa had is now.

They basically are the footballing embodiment of Steve Bruce now.

Same situation for me and then I also went to the Chelsea match which was even worse.

It was a long, long time since I’d watched a game and I was expecting to see a team that was average at best, but was genuinely shocked to see the plight they are in, they are jaw droppingly shite. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Surely that’s just circumstance though. He wanted to stay in his last role but the board broke promises.

He’s high maintenance for sure but there’s no doubt the intelligence he has in setting up his teams to the strength of his players. I’m really annoyed he’s going to Spurs, such a waste.

Simply no way he’d entertain coming to us. In my opinion. He’s a level above where we are, if not more so, and he knows it. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Simply no way he’d entertain coming to us. In my opinion. He’s a level above where we are, if not more so, and he knows it. 

Are you saying a bloke who could walk into any job in world football right now wouldn’t want to piss about at the foot of the Premier League coaching Emil Krafth?

Just now, christ said:

Are you saying a bloke who could walk into any job in world football right now wouldn’t want to piss about at the foot of the Premier League coaching Emil Krafth?

Sorry to be so pessimistic- think the bedwetters have finally got to me. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

It’s not bed wetting imo, there is a real danger to our PL status 

Of course. And we as fans can see it, just as I’m sure the owners can. Complaint about not having a manager in for the last two games though and thinking we’d have got anything out of them, instead of taking the time to interview all the possible candidates IS bedwetting. If it’s not down this week or next then we’ve got problems, but all signs point to it getting done. People just have to have patience, like the last 18 months.

50 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Just feel the Ajax squad is flattering him like it flattered Bosz and De Boer before him. Also doesn’t strike me as the type of character who would shine abroad for some reason.

Good to read this. I was wondering if I’m weird for not particularly wanting him :lol:

Even if Everton we’re considering Rafa’s position I couldn’t see them sacking him at the moment. They know fine well we would take him so why cough out to sack him, when they could receive millions instead.

It would be like the situation when we hired Souness and Blackburn we’re on the brink of sacking the cunt, then along comes Freddie and gives them a lumper.

It would certainly be a win for Everton if they are losing faith with Rafa.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Even if Everton we’re considering Rafa’s position I couldn’t see them sacking him at the moment. They know fine well we would take him so why cough out to sack him, when they could receive millions instead.

It would be like the situation when we hired Souness and Blackburn we’re on the brink of sacking the cunt, then along comes Freddie and gives them a lumper.

It would certainly be a win for Everton if they are losing faith with Rafa.

They don’t seem that flippant though. Ancelotti had bad spells last season too which they let go.. I think their supporters were sort of indifferent to him and he was the same with them. He couldn’t wait to get out of there.

Can’t see Rafa being sacked.

Expect there is a happy medium with rafa departing Everton. Especially if they lose again at the weekend. Lower compensation that doesn't look like Everton higher ups lose face. 

As much as they know we might want him we also know a portion of Everton fans want him out that might translate to the boardroom soon.