Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, midds said:

All things considered it's one of the best appointments we could have made. I think he'll give the squad a shake up, lift morale instantly and get an extra 20% or of most of them too. They clearly need a fresh voice with new ideas, a new vision and some organisational changes. Feeling very optimistic about the rest of the season now, happy days :aww:

Tend to agree. It's probably the most Rafa-esque appointment we could make in terms of philosophy, attention to detail, and reputation. However, it's also someone familiar with working under the sort of structure that it seems we'll be implementing, which it's unlikely Rafa would've been too happy with in the long-run. Very exciting and ticks all of the boxes, really. Also bodes very well for trusting the decision-making of the consortium, IMO.

Let's hope this isn't a false dawn and he's announced imminently. Howay the fucking lads.

Guest reefatoon

Fantastic news that they have decided on the new manager and that it is a great appointment. Now lets get him in to whip these bastards into shape.

Not doubting his managerial credentials but just have that feeling he won’t be great fit for the average NUFC fan. Hopefully he’s more charismatic than the few interviews I’ve seen him give but he seems very lacking in what the fan base usually latch on to. The Geordie’s have always liked a charmer.

Personally would’ve preferred someone with no previous ties to a British Club but of all the ones who have then he’s clearly the best choice.  

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Not sure if he speaks much English to be honest, or he didnt when at Arsenal iirc

He spoke English throughout his time at arsenal.

People took the piss out of his accent with the lisp that a lot Spanish speakers get with speaking English.

Just now, LFEE said:

Not doubting his managerial credentials but just have that feeling he won’t be great fit for the average NUFC fan. Hopefully he’s more charismatic than the few interviews I’ve seen him give but he seems very lacking in what the fan base usually latch on to. The Geordie’s have always liked a charmer.

Personally would’ve preferred someone with no previous ties to a British Club but of all the ones who have then he’s clearly the best choice.  

Comes across similar to Rafa to me. We’ll love him if he gets the team grafting and achieves something. 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

People took the piss out of his accent with the lisp that a lot Spanish speakers get with speaking English.

That's good to hear. To be honest it would be a concern if he didn't speak English. I have no idea how it can work when they don't. Maybe I'm just a dinosaur though. :lol:

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Sevilla

UEFA Europa League: 2013–14,[71] 2014–15,[24] 2015–16[72]

Paris Saint-Germain

Ligue 1: 2017–18[73]

Coupe de France: 2016–17,[74] 2017–18

Coupe de la Ligue: 2016–17, 2017–18[38]

Trophée des Champions: 2016, 2017[33]

Arsenal

UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2018–19[75]

Villarreal

UEFA Europa League: 2020–21[62]

UEFA Super Cup: runner-up: 2021

Individual

Miguel Muñoz Trophy (Segunda División): 2005–06, 2006–07[76]

La Liga Manager of the Month: March 2014,[77] January 2015[78]

European Coach of the Season: 2013–14

UNFP Manager of the Year: 2017–18[79]

No 1000 games in English leagues though. 

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Does he say clooob?

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not doubting his managerial credentials but just have that feeling he won’t be great fit for the average NUFC fan. Hopefully he’s more charismatic than the few interviews  The Geordie’s have always liked a charmer.

The last "charmer" we had was Pardew. I seem to recall us not being very fond of him😀