Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I hope that song doesn't start to catch on as an anthem for Newcastle like.

It's an absolute banger tbf. Doesn't really habe singalong anthem qualities though. Keep it lower down the pre-match order.

Need Sam Fender to bash out something YNWA-ish.

Edited by Foluwashola

He's obviously better than what we've had, but I do worry whether his nebbish character and funny English make him a bad fit for our current squad. Like Rafa he seems detail-oriented and a hard taskmaster when it comes to what he expects from his players out on the pitch, but he lacks the same sort of gravitas, seems to rub some players up the wrong way, and could easily become a figure of fun. He'll obviously get plenty of scorn from the press after every disappointing result.

2 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

He's obviously better than what we've had, but I do worry whether his nebbish character and funny English make him a bad fit for our current squad. Like Rafa he seems detail-oriented and a hard taskmaster when it comes to what he expects from his players out on the pitch, but he lacks the same sort of gravitas, seems to rub some players up the wrong way, and could easily become a figure of fun. He'll obviously get plenty of scorn from the press after every disappointing result.

I'd argue the contrary, regardless, every single part of that second sentence above could written about Rafa too.

5 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

One was me, it was supposed to be a yes but I was doing it on my phone, I turned into a total div and selected no

I'm a definite yes fwiw.

Was wondering who you would be happy with. :lol:

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Is there anything from the Spanish press confirming what's being reported over here?

AS and Marca reported that Villarreal haven't heard anything from Newcastle

Dare someone make a new thread for him or would that jinx it after the Fonseca thread :lol:

Pretty happy with this appointment but I always think of how average he was at Arsenal and worry. Guess I would worry no matter who it was. 

Anyone got a link to any English speaking Villarreal forums? 

Bit weird and disrespectful having this leak the day of potentially his last Villarreal match. 

Doesn't feel like it fully adds up but lots of journos in reasonable standing going for it as happening. 

Very happy if true, not a pulse racer but a really astute appointment of a proven winner and someone hungry with unfinished business in the PL. Cracking appointment if it happens. Not convinced yet though!

Edited by toontownman

Guest reefatoon
28 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I hope that song doesn't start to catch on as an anthem for Newcastle like.

Aye, massively unpopular, it's a cracking song.

28 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Aye.  It's shite.

What's next? Crocodile Shoes?

Just now, Rich said:

What’s wrong with Big River, like? Or is it Nail?

I'm probably prejudiced by the singer tbf.  

'SHE'S LYIN!'

I'll not have a bad word said about Series 1 & 2 of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet however.

Edited by Sima

https://themastermindsite.com/2020/11/14/unai-emery-villarreal-tactical-analysis/

Interesting how I'm seeing a lot of people describe Emery as a defensive coach similar to Rafa but this article talks about how

"Emery likes to play out from the back, Villarreal are also quite good at keeping the ball in the opposition half and dominating possession once there. They’ve kept 57% of the possession so far this season (4th best in the league) and their possession and positional statistics are very balanced between the three thirds of the field."