Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Heart is saying yes personally. Head says we have to be on ~15 points by January. We have 4 now, where are the 11 coming from? The next 5? Brighton, Brentford, Norwich, Burnley, Leicester? Shouldn't panic I suppose, Emery is a top appointment and should steer us clear.

Hoping for some signings as well. 

We've performed the worst I've ever seen a football club perform in my life, and we're still only 6 points behind. It's very early days. 

It's not an easy task by any means, how he starts will be very important. But I think he can do it. 

My big concern watching that is the reliance on fast centrebacks, its something which was obvious and not addressed in the summer. 

Everything else gets really excited for the future. Tactics, game plans and indentity!

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

His Coaches Voice masterclass about the Europa final is class as well, really adapts his approach during the game to come back from 1-0 down.

Dynamic football management! Like adapting and changing it up in real time! Woah 😳 👍🏻😂

Our fitness levels are such that we will struggle to see out any results, at first. We might even see a few injuries as a result of the squad being in such bad shape. So I'm not panicking about the first 5 or 6 games. Pick up as many points as we can. Once we're up to speed we need to be looking at nicking a few draws off the bigger teams. To start the new year with a bit of confidence. We'll see where we're at, and what needs to be done, by then.

6 minutes ago, LV said:

Hope he can speak in words of one syllable so the remaining Steves can understand.

They’ll soon be off to clean Big Steve’s bog in Portugal hopefully.

Inept pair of useless cunts have no business even putting out the cones at this level.

1 minute ago, number9shirt said:

Unai is a serial winner, top choice wanted him for a long time. Hopefully he can bring Pau Torres with him.

Don't think we have any chance of getting Torres, we would need to have CL football I reckon and that's a long way away

47 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

"If there’s a good project in England, if someone wants me and is prepared to get behind me, I’m available… 

"In England that identification with your team brings the game alive. It’s deeper there, like a church. 

"I was born in San Sebastián and my team is Real Sociedad. That feeling is in my heart and that’s what you find in England. 

"It’s marvellous, the loveliest thing there is.” 

bring him home

UNAITED :indi:

:fwap:

10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Don't think we have any chance of getting Torres, we would need to have CL football I reckon and that's a long way away

Not as far with Emery onboard, get to the FA Cup final this year, qualify for and win Europa next season, into Champions League the following year 

Simple

Edited by geordie_b

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Take it Villarreal are lying about not knowing anything about it if Emery was interviewed over the weekend ? 

Yeah of course they know, but to be fair they have a big game tonight so they have to play devil's advocate. 

There's a fair chance Villareal aren't privy to what's going on, if he has a release clause. Besides it does them no favours with the fans if they seem complicit in his exit.

They are much better off playing themselves as the victims. When he leaves they can say it was a shock blah blah and save face.

I think tonight's game is the only stumbling block, you would have to be a right cunt and do a Bruce to abandon your players a couple of days before a champions league game.

By 10 o'clock we will know much more.

2 hours ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

If you don't think keeping Bruce on (after briefing every media outlet around he was going) was a mistake then you're already at the point of refusing to criticise the new owners purely on the basis they're better than Ashley.

If Conte is available, you don't interview Lampard or Howe as they operate in different leagues. It's the same with Emery, he's won multiple European and domestic trophies, you don't interview managers that have promotion from the championship on their CV when he is attainable.

I'm not going in to back on forths on this, they mishandled the Bruce situation, which, along with league position and performances led to people worrying about the "delay" in getting a new manager. Ultimately, they've made an exciting appointment (if it happens).

Calling people out for having legitimate concerns and worries is poor.

One thing to have legitimate concerns. Another thing to throw dignity out the window, and repost the same horse shit hysterically...exactly what a few on here did.

You don't go and negotiate a contract with perspective employers unless you've more or less made your mind up.

Given Hope, et al have reported he originally knocked us back, I'd be interested to know what changed his mind.

Edited by The Prophet

Make it sound 60/40 in favour of happening lol

Just can't understand why it's all been leaked today rather than tomorrow. It isn't helpful to anyone.. Maybe to test fan/public reaction? If he really is a bit undecided, I would be pissed he has been put in an awkward position before an important match tonight.

I am still in a likely unnecessary flap panic mode from the last few years though and not believing anything until its announced!