Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I think Emery is just being very diplomatic in public. If he comes out and confirms everything then it drops his potential new employers right in the shit for tapping him up so he's played it with a straight bat for now in public. He's denied talks and offers but I think he's done it knowing his current chairman is fully aware of the situation and wants the full compensation from us. It's just the way it has to play out in public so each party gets what they want.

He'll be in by Friday morning imo. Fingers crossed. 

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

So are you allowed to approach managers before you approach their club? That's tapping-up in players terms, isn't it? 

Mate, tapping up hasn't been an issue since about 2005 :lol: Just cause we've not signed any players since about then, we haven't noticed that football has moved on :lol:

The thing is Hope has always just reported the truth, whether it rattled the club or not, but he was never a dick about it. Edward carries on winding up fans, throwing tantrums and acting the cunt. That's why one will get exclusives moving forward and the other won't.

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Hope *continues* to get one over on Edwards.

Glorious, isn't it? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

All seems pretty consistent with people looking to get a deal done but without having an official offer on the table yet.

I'm sure the Gulfstream is fuelled and ready, baby. 

Edited by The Bonk
Get me quotes in order. Fucking hell.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The thing is Hope has always just reported the truth, whether it rattled the club or not, but he was never a dick about it. Edward carries on winding up fans, throwing tantrums and acting the cunt. That's why one will get exclusives moving forward and the other won't.

He also had the audacity to cite historical/current performance data to back up some of his reporting. Imagine!

5 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Anyone who signs David Luiz will have Schar straight back in the team. No more Cabbageball!

To be fair he wanted maguire but the board wouldn't sanction it with the money quoted. Luiz was a fall back! I hope your point still stands come the weekend! 

Also the whispers of us approaching him early and being pushed back but now returning and it happening hopefully means we now have a DOF sorted which is a selling feature to him. I doubt another two losses even with a bigger salary would change his mind too much positively.

Can imagine we had no real firm answers to how our structure would look or who would be leading it 3/4 weeks ago.

48 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

So are you allowed to approach managers before you approach their club? That's tapping-up in players terms, isn't it? 

The clubs hold player's registrations and there are rules about approaching them, a manager is just like any other member of staff and they can talk to other potential employers without the knowledge / permission of the club.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yes, the clubs hold player's registrations and there are rules about approaching them, a manager is just like any other member of staff and they can talk to other potential employers without the knowledge / permission of the club.

Correct, I’m not sure what the protocol is though, he’s got a release clause so perhaps the club have to make the offer to Villarreal before formally offering a contract to Emery?

All minor details though at this stage.