Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

15 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

How the fuck is Edwards, a journalist (ostensibly), so bad with typos? His proofreader must have some fucking job. 

The Grim Ryder used to (maybe still is?) be even worse :lol:

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Correct, I’m not sure what the protocol is though, he’s got a release clause so perhaps the club have to make the offer to Villarreal before formally offering a contract to Emery?

All minor details though at this stage.

I don't think there is any set protocol, it will depend on the terms of the manager's contract. 

When a player transfers what the club is essentially buying is the player's registration. In the case of a manager its just an employment contract that needs to be bought out of.

Just now, toontownman said:

^^^ This, I dislike.

Although the chance of running the richest club in the world has to have some serious pull. It's not like he wins La Liga every year right now. Sky could be the limit.

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

Although the chance of running the richest club in the world has to have some serious pull. It's not like he wins La Liga every year right now. Sky could be the limit.

Well he is clearly interested at least, hence talking to us. This is a pretty huge opportunity, potentially. I don't see him going to any of the other "big 6" clubs, even if he continues to succeed at Villarreal.

If he has ambition to succeed in the premier league there likely won't be a better opportunity than this. 

Can see this dragging beyond the weekend though.

If they're 'trying to convince him to stay' then that implies he's probably already made the decision to leave. Which means they all know the offer is real. Which also means it's just a matter of doing things by the book and actually making it official. 

Sounds like Staveley may have jumped the gun a little by leaking it yesterday morning but it seems like it's pretty much a done deal tbh.  

Does anyone know if managers in Spain have release clauses like players? As far as I remember if you want to buy a player via the release clause you dont even have to approach the club, just just go to the league office and pay them the money then speak to the player, the club are powerless to stop it.

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Does anyone know if managers in Spain have release clauses like players? As far as I remember if you want to buy a player via the release clause you dont even have to approach the club, just just go to the league office and pay them the money then speak to the player, the club are powerless to stop it.

My understanding is he has a 6M release clause. 

8 minutes ago, McDog said:

Does staff count against FFP calculations?

Yes, the FFP calculations are just based on pre-tax profit/loss, but third party ownership rules only apply to players so there might be ways of non-playing staff being paid by another company and not affecting the club's accounts.

37 minutes ago, midds said:

If they're 'trying to convince him to stay' then that implies he's probably already made the decision to leave. Which means they all know the offer is real. Which also means it's just a matter of doing things by the book and actually making it official. 

Sounds like Staveley may have jumped the gun a little by leaking it yesterday morning but it seems like it's pretty much a done deal tbh.  

It’s not the first time with the ‘no red flags’ escapade. Staveley (or whoever) should stop jumping the gun as if he doesn’t come (I still actually think he will), they’re going to come across as a little incompetent. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Hmm, hope Ballague is speaking nonsense. 

Seems very specific as to reasons mind. Got to say that for the first time today I think it might not happen. Hopefully not, but that sounds like Emery or someone close to him has given that information. Soon find out I suppose 

If he's right let's hope that they have a good plan B. This is not very coherent or l impressive from our new owners so far, in fact if Emery does turn us down it's downright incompetence and doesn't bode well for the future. They really need to get a DOF in quickly as none of them appear qualified to make any football related decisions.

5 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

If he's right let's hope that they have a good plan B. This is not very coherent or l impressive from our new owners so far, in fact if Emery does turn us down it's downright incompetence and doesn't bode well for the future. They really need to get a DOF in quickly as none of them appear qualified to make any football related decisions.

Don’t want to say what the fuck is going on until we know for sure. But, if it is correct, then questions should be started to be asked. As I said in my previous post we will soon find out.

Edited by et tu brute