Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

He was never on the shortlist for appointments.

I know that you know more than me, I’m just struggling to see the logic.

If it was Fonseca or his people that put it out that he was interested, did the decision makers then choose not to speak to an available, interested candidate?

If it was a betting scam, surely both Fonseca’s camp and our “board” would have refuted it?

7 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

not gonna lie I will be devastated if this falls through.....

and howe coming in just feels so underwhelming... 

I’m not sure many people voted for him in the original poll to be honest (which says it all really!)

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Feels like there’s a lot of piggy backing going on from the original story though rather than it being more likely than it was earlier.

There is that's, how the media works now. One source will break it and others want some of the action. The phrase 'according to reports' usually does a lot of heavy lifting.

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

I know that you know more than me, I’m just struggling to see the logic.

If it was Fonseca or his people that put it out that he was interested, did the decision makers then choose not to speak to an available, interested candidate?

If it was a betting scam, surely both Fonseca’s camp and our “board” would have refuted it?

Being interviewed isn't the same as being shortlisted though. 

I don't know anymore than that unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

People just have an obsession with being negative, unfortunately.

The fact is that we have businesspeople without football experience who, less than a month ago, had a deal sprung on them very quickly picking up a club & team in the mire. As fans, we struggle to afford time, but they're not going to think like we do and nor should they.

If we've learnt anything about this consortium it's that they don't give up. Anyone who thought this would be absolutely perfect from the off was off their rocker. I'm confident they'll get it right but not necessarily first time. 

We don't demand a board that wins, we demand a board that tries!

This

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

I can quite believe Emery not appreciating this leaking before last night's match.  It's poor to be honest.

Has Emery covered himself in glory though? 

Held talks with NUFC behind Villareals back. Then said before KO he knows of no interest from NUFC. Then said after FT he was aware of interest from NUFC. 

clearly told nufc he wanted the job without telling Villareal. Now appears he's told Villareal he doesn't want the job without telling nufc

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

What they've done wrong is taking so long over it. If they're dithering because they don't know who they want then it's on them. If they're being turned down left right and centre, thats a bit different, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by waving a bit more cash.

The fact that Tottenham sacked Santo and had Conte in in less than 2 days rubs it in a bit.

Like I said I'd imagine it'd take quite a long time to find a suitable manager who fits the bill to basically build a legacy from zilch,  obviously they had Rafa in mind but when that was deemed a no go they had to interview.. 

I seriously think the timing of the takeover getting the green light came as a suprise to all those involved,  the way I look at it is they want Emery and they'll get him. 

All of us are looking at the reports recently and the kegs are getting soiled in multiple areas, if they have anything about them, they'll get who they want. I suppose time will tell but I have faith they will. 

Delusional? Aye maybe, but I was called that during the takeover saga. Its on man, let the fun begin.

5 minutes ago, Charlies said:

The press have been saying they've been interviewing multiple manager candidates for the job, which isn't an easy job by any means.  

They've decided on Emery, I'm being brutally honest here I actually don't see what they've done wrong*

*apart from potential leaks that is.

The leak is the issue. The way it arrived it looks to me like it was being put about by the club in some capacity. Things haven’t been anywhere near as advanced as was briefed and the leak itself appears to have killed any chance we had of getting Emery.

We’ve now got a situation where the new guy, whoever it is, is publicly known to be our second choice which not only knackers his authority to no small degree but probably puts off some prospective managers who may until yesterday have had their hat still in the ring. Fans have had their expectations set high, so are bound to feel disappointed. When you’re in our position you need someone to come in and get the entire club behind them, instead it looks a mess.

10 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Compare and contrast spurs sacking nuno and hiring conte. Yes circumstances are different but still, if we’re gonna be big time, we have to do things in a big time way. Charnley should be nowhere near this regardless of anything else and according to the athletic he’s doing the negotiations :lol:

If you seriously believe Charnley is involved with negotiations,  I've got some magic beans you may be interested in.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

If a leak as made him change his mind .. then I'm not sure his heart was fully into it.

Leaks happen all the time

Aye, I'm not having a leak as being the main reason like. Probably wasn't even as far on as whoever had leaked it thought

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it’s true Howe’s holding out for a South coast job, could we at least not give him the Brighton game then get someone in over the international break if we need more time?

What? Bring him in for 1 game, has that ever happened?

Edited by Menace

Howe really is a concern for me, pretty sure he lost 19/20 of his last 28 games or something like that.

His Bournemouth side was better than our current one and he was in a much better position in the table and still couldn’t keep them up.