Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Joe Nelson said:

It's absolutely insane that Lee fecking Charnley is involved in this. 

That to me, if correct (it's came from Caulkin I believe who is a puppet for AS), then that single handedly is one of the worst decisions you can make.

9 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I know people keep saying trust the process, and this isn't me being negative, but if Emery does fall through, do people not find it odd that plan A (Emery) is the polar opposite to plan B (Howe)?

They have completely different footballing philosophies so it seems strange they'd be the final 2.

We don't know if Howe plan B is true. Why have they ruled out Fonseca? etc. - it's difficult piecing this together out of snippets of media noises we can't validate until a genuine quote from a credible source appears. It's best to sit back and judge on facts than hearsay.

Outside the top eschelon of elite managers, I can't see why many would turn down the opportunity to spend millions, earn millions, and have a blank slate to work from. 

My own biased view, of course, but I think NUFC are attractive proposition. Expectations are that we head in a 'right direction' rather than guarantee immediate success.

Just now, The Prophet said:

The Caulkin tweet is interesting. Being 'deeply pissed off' isn't knocking us back.

Whoever leaked it needs shooting though.

Agreed, he can’t have turned us down he’s had long enough to officially come out and say it 

We want someone fully committed to the role and understands both the project and the area. 

It appears (from Spanish sources) it’s not for Emery or his family. If true then close the door on this approach and move on to someone who wants the challenge. 

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Outside the top eschelon of elite managers, I can't see why many would turn down the opportunity to spend millions, earn millions, and have a blank slate to work from. 

My own biased view, of course, but I think NUFC are attractive proposition. Expectations are that we head in a 'right direction' rather than guarantee immediate success.

80fcd7_13d18efd60c546708f433ca4e94b2371~

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agreed, he can’t have turned us down he’s had long enough to officially come out and say it 

Yep. If nothing else, he's probably pissed off because of the optics. He's been outed as discussing another gig while under contract at Villareal.