Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Embarrassing to hear he doesn't see the vision? On day one Amanda doing interviews about challenging for trophys, champions league, and winning the PL in the next few years.

Guess long term he's figured out he might not be needed after the first contract. 

I'd say he's a fool, because if that was the case, and I'm just guessing, then if he proved himself, he may end up being a longer term success. 

Who knows?

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Caulkin tweet is interesting. Being 'deeply pissed off' isn't knocking us back.

Whoever leaked it needs shooting though.

In a follow up tweet he's intimated it more being about an issue over wage demands.

You'd like to think if it's purely wage related we could sort it out.

18 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I know people keep saying trust the process, and this isn't me being negative, but if Emery does fall through, do people not find it odd that plan A (Emery) is the polar opposite to plan B (Howe)?

They have completely different footballing philosophies so it seems strange they'd be the final 2.

may be the only long term choice of theirs that hadnt turned it down was emery.

howe may have been the short term back up so they could start afresh in april/may if we stayed up and we'd be more attractive for a higher level coach.

Absolute comical man. How Spurs got their job done and we're still struggling? Once this is done, I dread what will happen with appointing DOF or SD or signing players in January.

If its the Britisih side that are handling this, I'd imagine PIF won't be to happy their image is getting laughed at.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Absolute comical man. How Spurs got their job done and we're still struggling? Once this is done, I dread what will happen with appointing DOF or SD or signing players in January.

If its the Britisih side that are handling this, I'd imagine PIF won't be to happy their image is getting laughed at.

Don't think it's fair to compare us to Spurs. They're established and fairly successful, and had failed to get Conte once before. Also it's quite possible he's not a fit for their strategy anyway.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

In a follow up tweet he's intimated it more being about an issue over wage demands.

You'd like to think if it's purely wage related we could sort it out.

I agree,  but we shouldn't be held to ransom because we have money..Emery as a price. If he wants pep or klopp money then we move on.

Just now, nufcjb said:

we are second bottom - 6 places from safety.

not as attractive as a better team based in London.

Guest neesy111
13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

As it is for Emery to be interviewed 2 days before it then surely it works both ways 

There are playing a game every 3-4 days, when is a good time?

Talks like this happen all the time behind closed doors.

Edited by neesy111

I’m keeping my thoughts relaxed on this right now because we don’t know who leaked the story or who or what is the current situation between all parties right now other than guesswork and a bit of commentary from journos, most of whom are mostly unreliable and gob shites. If we badly want him, they need to make it happen, if he’s half arsed, move on. I had my heart set on him especially after speaking in depth to my good mate about his time at his club Arsenal, that and he would be a big statement of ambition and would keep us up and kick on from there, but this is NUFC. I expect a few more twists and turns. 

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

From being over the moon yesterday to livid again today. Im sick of being built up to be let down hours later 

This is what supporting Newcastle for the last 25 years has been like.

Just now, dabe said:

It's quite apparent that they need to hire a DoF who knows what they're doing. Wouldn't be surprised if Charnley is leaking things.

It's absolutely laughable that he is involved in any decision making under the new owners. I can understand him being an advisor for the move between the old and new ownership. but to have that absolute prick anywhere near actually being involved in any decision making and especially the hiring of a new manager is a fucking joke.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The Caulkin tweet is interesting. Being 'deeply pissed off' isn't knocking us back.

Whoever leaked it needs shooting though.

Yeah, they haven't even discussed his salary, and so from his point of view this is still some way off, and so his annoyance would make sense.

However, if he's the guy they want, then this should all be sorted out quite quickly now. Just need to agree his salary and sort the compensation for Villareal.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, they haven't even discussed his salary, and so from his point of view this is still some way off, and so his annoyance would make sense.

However, if he's the guy they want, then this should all be sorted out quite quickly now. Just need to agree his salary and sort the compensation for Villareal.

Maybe Charners is having a mare with the fax machine!

It's amazing how many shit takes there are in this thread. Yeah it's not a fantastic process at the moment, but the sale going through when it did came as a shock to all. There isn't a structure in place like there is or would be at other clubs yet. 

"Been an absolute shit show since Amanda walked thru the door." - grow up for fuck sake, try a bit of critical thinking for once.