Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I'll take this morning's 50/50 situation over when Balague tweeted, I guess. 

His reasons seem a bit wishy-washy and was it definitely our side that leaked it? Because there we were being impressed with how nothing was leaked for 2 weeks, as the odds couldn't settle down. There was nothing to go off. And now suddenly a leak ends the deal?

The longer this goes without being completely off, the better. Just have to hope a deal can be resurrected and his weird Howe concern can be put to bed.

I don't particularly dislike Howe, I just think he's a bad fit for NUFC. Don't get me wrong, he'd have been a canny appointment under Ashley but the fact we could have appointed him the day after Bruce left would make the entire period since fucking pointless.

Absolutely underwhelming if it's Howe.

Just now, lovejoy said:

Ian Ladyman reckons its collapsed over wages.

A) I don't think anyone knows anything, not the true fine details, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
B) If it is correct, that can be resolved if he is the man they want.

18 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

It shouldn't matter to Emery, but it does to us as fans. We're being asked to trust the process but two polar opposite favourites (if that is the case) makes the process appear flawed and scattergun.

Or, they have a plan A and a plan B that aren't the same. 

Who knows. 

Edited by Wilson

1 minute ago, Robster said:

A) I don't think anyone knows anything, not the true fine details, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
B) If it is correct, that can be resolved if he is the man they want.

Probably asked for a sly billion or two 

18 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Charnley's head is in a spin. He is trying to explain to the new owners that we need to do 2 years worth of monitoring before anything else, he isn't used to moving like this.

Nah. He was asked to compile a list of possible new coaches that would fit the Consortium's vision. He's come back with catalogues from DFS and SCS.

1 hour ago, New Beginnings said:

Telling that Ornstein broke it instead of Caulkin at the Athletic.

He is the one that jumped the gun, as he hadn't had the official briefing to sit on it a little longer

The NE press pack had to go with it after that as the cat was out of the bag!

Good point. Ornstein hugely linked to all things Arsenal and would have contacts to Emery.

Was stupid from whoever leaked this but it seems like Emery is trying to save face after getting caught with his pants down.

Hopefully this can be sorted out but if he isn't sure about it they need to move onto someone else hopefully of the same standard.

If Howe's wanting a South coast role, he can go to Brighton and we can have Potter :)

Still no official rejection then? That can only be a good thing.

Maybe we should have kept Steve Bruce in to find the mole? Seriously though, it's understandable why Emery's camp would be pissed, but it's nothing they can't smooth over.

Interesting to see the extreme opinions developing on the consortium. Is it not just the case that they're a group of non-footballing individuals, who want to do things correctly, but have been taken charge at a very unfortunate time.

In a year or two the operation of the club will be unrecognisable and this lot will most likely have taken a back seat, but until that happens, they'll probably make some mistakes. They're not above criticism, but some of the criticism is way too excessive.