Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

This has just been a total shitshow. Whoever is leaking stories needs to fuck off.

April/May 2020 - "Its gonna go through, no red flags." It didn't go through. 

October 2021 - "We're gonna sack Bruce." They didn't, left him for one more embarrassing defeat to a shit Spurs team. Then again, Jones would probably have done no better.

November 2021 - "Emery is #1 choice and he's agreed to come, be in for Brighton on Saturday." Day later he stays at Villarreal. 

What a fucking joke.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

19 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I see we are at the “any criticism is bedwetting” stage. Funny, used to see a lot of that on RTG. 

It getting to the press has to be a first strike against Staveley if I'm PIF. Reminds me of the nonsense years ago when Ashley was accusing her of playing games during the first takeover attempt.

6 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

McKeag went after Howard Kendall (he was at Athletico Bilbao) - got turned down. Also got turned down by ex Celtic boss, David Hay. Anyone else I've missed out from then?

Arthur Cox as well, or at least he turned it down before it was offered.

Didn't know about Hay, so that was even worse than I though

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

There was a lot of talk early doors about the Saudi's not being as savvy in business as the Emirati's and it's showing.

It's been a shit show.

I mentioned on here last week about how if Newcastle is anything like Neom and The Line then a lot of people are in for a rude awakening. Huge fantastical promises and more money than sense. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The snub doesn't reflect badly at all on Staveley. The fact that the media were reporting it as a done deal is the issue. Targeting a manager of Emery's class is exactly what the club should be doing.

It reflects badly on daft cunts like him because they said it was a done deal [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Christ I agree with puke boy. Mind no need to dig Staveley out personally, the whole consortium have been involved 

He has a very odd obsession with dragging her down at every opportunity. I can only assume because she doesn't feed him any info at all and he's bitter about it.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The snub doesn't reflect badly at all on Staveley. The fact that the media were reporting it as a done deal is the issue. Targeting a manager of Emery's class is exactly what the club should be doing.

She's the Director, of course it does. I've got no issue with Emery rejecting us, it's the way it's been played out in the press looking like amateur hour.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There was a lot of talk early doors about the Saudi's not being as savvy in business as the Emirati's and it's showing.

It's been a shit show.

Aye, James Montague was saying  exactly that on a podcast the morning after the takeover. 

Just now, Pixelphish said:

He has a very odd obsession with dragging her down at every opportunity. I can only assume because she doesn't feed him any info at all and he's bitter about it.

Feels like one of those men who can't stand see a women with power so must belittle her at every opportunity. Simon Jordan is one of them as well.

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You being serious? :lol: 

Yep. The takeover was a shitshow, took 18 months to complete.

Delaying sacking Bruce was a shitshow.

Appointing the new manager & DOF has been a shitshow.

This doesn't bode well for transfers or anything else.

The fact Charnley is still around is telling. He's the only one with experience in the football world in the club's hierarchy.

Best thing they can do, is to bring in 2-3 key people from another club like City did Barcelona. Overmars, whoever handled the business side of transfers and whoever handled youth development at Ajax for example. Seemingly, they bought the club without a clear plan as to how to take it. IMO from the start they should have had a list of football people in mind to take top jobs and tapped them up.

Edited by The College Dropout

Spending so many weeks "wasting" time on a candidate which appears at best was on the fence about the whole thing isn't great and shows the lack of how football works knowledge the team are still waiting to build in.