Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

As I said a couple of pages ago, the only error made was this going public. If Emery didn't fancy it, fair enough.

Whoever leaked it at best needs a serious dressing down.

Amount of time its took to get nowhere whilst were knee deep in the relegation zone is my biggest bone of contention.

Edited by Wolfcastle

31 minutes ago, 54 said:

With Jake on this one.

Except he can't organise a defence for toffee, exactly what is required right now. Disaster of an appointment if it is him. What a total fuck up by the consortium this is mind - fucking Lee Charnley doing the negotiations, Jones guaranteed his job, howay man. I cannot see PIF being happy with their UK consortium members. 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

No fan of Edwards, but he's summed things up well there. Still doesn't mean everything is bad forever, though.

I think people just need to step back and realise that its not just going to be a fairy tale now just because Ashley's gone.  There will be mistakes, especially until a good structure is in place.  But I'm sure it'll get there because at the end of the day these people actually want success.  At the very worst I know what I want is now in line with what the people at the top want.  Unlike under Ashley, all he wanted was to keep the club just above water.  Didn't want relegation for obvious reasons but didn't want to do any better because he didn't want expectations raised.

I'll take mistakes with the intent of improvement and ambition over deliberate managed under performance any day.

Protracted new manager searches almost always end up looking farcical, the same thing happened to Spurs and Everton in the summer. I think Palace had Nuno and Favre wrapped up as well until they didn’t.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Amount of time this has all took whilst where knee deep in the relegation zone is my biggest bone of contention.

I find it difficult to be too critical without any knowledge of what's  been going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Teasy said:

I think people just need to step back and realise that its not just going to be a fairy tale now just because Ashley's gone.  There will be mistakes, especially until a good structure is in place.  But I'm sure it'll get there because at the end of the day these people actually want success.  At the very worst I know what I want is now in line with what the people at the top want.  Unlike under Ashley, all he wanted was to keep the club just above water.  Didn't want relegation for obvious reasons but didn't want to do any better because he didn't want expectations raised.

I'll take mistakes with the intent of improvement and ambition over deliberate managed under performance any day.

Yep. This post needs pinning to wherever 

2 minutes ago, Teasy said:

Good post.

The worst thing with the last 24 hours is it’s going to be hard for anyone who comes in now to use what is usually a feel good factor off new manager. They and we all know they weren’t first choice and if it is Howe or Martinez I would be shocked if they saw the season out.

Think its incredible anyone thinks this is business as usual BTW..  Business as usual would be Bruce still here and talk of weather St Maximin will stay or not and if we might loan a reserve from Leeds as his replacement.  Not about how we made a mistake in our attempt to bring in a top manager like Emery :lol:

Edited by Teasy

12 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This has just been a total shitshow. Whoever is leaking stories needs to fuck off.

April/May 2020 - "Its gonna go through, no red flags." It didn't go through. 

October 2021 - "We're gonna sack Bruce." They didn't, left him for one more embarrassing defeat to a shit Spurs team. Then again, Jones would probably have done no better.

November 2021 - "Emery is #1 choice and he's agreed to come, be in for Brighton on Saturday." Day later he stays at Villarreal. 

What a fucking joke.

All from sources close to the consortium…

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I find it difficult to be too critical without any knowledge of what's  been going on behind the scenes.

Cant say fairer than that.

However what is for sure is that we've squandered a month and games we can ill afford to waste in our position.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Legit question - who else?

Well considering PCP have known they're going to takeover a football club for years I think it's pretty fucked that they had nobody ready to replace Lee fucking Charnley :lol: 

Gotta say I'm so sick of hearing about what a nice guy manager x,y, z is

It's so fucking totally irrelevant. Nowhere in the job description for being a good football manager does it say "needs to be a nice guy"

We're gonna be hearing it endlessly with Howe too

9 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

She's the Director, of course it does. I've got no issue with Emery rejecting us, it's the way it's been played out in the press looking like amateur hour.

Haven't really got an issue it leaking to the press. It's far more worrying that Martinez and Howe are (seemingly) their second choice options. 

Press leakage happens all the time at all clubs. Just look at Spurs in the summer for example, we had new stories every day about who was going to take over.

I'd have preferred Emery given the situation we're in but I've said before that I think the disrespect Howe gets is appalling. In any other country in Europe, a manager who took a club from bottom of the fourth tier to the top flight would have some of the biggest clubs in the land fighting over him.