Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Chicane said:

Gotta say I'm so sick of hearing about what a nice guy manager x,y, z is

It's so fucking totally irrelevant. Nowhere in the job description for being a good football manager does it say "needs to be a nice guy"

We're gonna be hearing it endlessly with Howe too

I don't necessarily think so. Howe isn't a PFM. I'd take him, give him an 18 month contract: keep us up this season (😬) and stabilise us next season, his stock is higher, everyone's a winner.

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

Well considering PCP have known they're going to takeover a football club for years I think it's pretty fucked that they had nobody ready to replace Lee fucking Charnley :lol: 

Fully agree and that's my biggest issue. It's clear they had no decent plans from the start. They should have identified key footballing people before they bought the club to bring in for day 1. Or at least temporary football people.. even if it was bringing in Harry Redknapp as DOF, Terry as Lampard as manager and his dog as chief negotiator. It's a plan with good intentions and some level of joined up thinking.

As it is.. I understand why Charnley is doing it though.

Edited by The College Dropout

Just now, Wullie said:

I'd have preferred Emery given the situation we're in but I've said before that I think the disrespect Howe gets is appalling. In any other country in Europe, a manager who took a club from bottom of the fifth tier to the top flight would have some of the biggest clubs in the land fighting over him.

Everyone must be wrong then? Or there are massive question marks over him and he needs another job to prove his credentials. I really don't want it to be us to find out my hunch was right. I'd rather see him have another role and let someone else take that gamble. 

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

All from sources close to the consortium…

According to the journos that is, I don’t believe a word any of media says or prints or writes.

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I'd have preferred Emery given the situation we're in but I've said before that I think the disrespect Howe gets is appalling. In any other country in Europe, a manager who took a club from bottom of the fifth tier to the top flight would have some of the biggest clubs in the land fighting over him.

I get the point you are making but he did spend a ridiculous amount of money in doing so and his last season at Bournemouth was a disaster as was his transfer record.

Can see the media coverage now if we have to sack Howe:

’Young, handsome, blonde haired, blue eyed, up and coming, well liked, British,  Howe, was treated disgustingly by the over demanding Northerners after unluckily winning 0 games and sliding out the Premiership’

My point is just that it shouldn't even come into the conversation.

Imagine it just about any other walk of life? "Aye boss I've never passed the bar but I'm a proper nice bloke so hire me as a lawyer for ya firm please"

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I hope we remember the names of all these who have rejected us and never speak to them about managing the club ever again.

Aye, need to hit 'em on Faceyb with one of these bad boys

CxVqFRTWEAAFs1U.jpg

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I get the point you are making but he did spend a ridiculous amount of money in doing so and his last season at Bournemouth was a disaster as was his transfer record.

I think it'd work if transfers are taken relatively out of his hands as he is a good coach.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Charnley won't be doing the direct negotiations imo.

Just now, clintdempsey said:

If Charnley is leading that side with the consortium's blessing that doesn't bode well either tbh. :lol:

if Charnley still has a job it doesn’t bode well. 

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I'd have preferred Emery given the situation we're in but I've said before that I think the disrespect Howe gets is appalling. In any other country in Europe, a manager who took a club from bottom of the fourth tier to the top flight would have some of the biggest clubs in the land fighting over him.

You're not wrong, I just feel that both him and Martinez are completely the wrong choices for what we need right now.

Fairly or not, it will raise questions for me regarding their ambition in January if it's Howe, as he's never been at a club anywhere near as big as Newcastle, and his profile certainly isn't the highest. In that sense (and only in that) I think Martinez might be a better candidate, as at least he's worked with world class players. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I think it'd work if transfers are taken relatively out of his hands as he is a good coach.

I hope I’m proved wrong and he is a success but I’ve always thought he’s overrated and would be a disaster here

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I hope I’m proved wrong and he is a success but I’ve always thought he’s overrated and would be a disaster here

Why? Genuinely out of interest. You've already mentioned his transfers, what else?

3 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Can see the media coverage now if we have to sack Howe:

’Young, handsome, blonde haired, blue eyed, up and coming, well liked, British,  Howe, was treated disgustingly by the over demanding Northerners after unluckily winning 0 games and sliding out the Premiership’

Eddie Howe and Garry Monk should form a boy band.

Why? Genuinely out of interest. You've already mentioned his transfers, what else?

His defensive record, just have a look at how many goals Bournemouth conceded each year, which is exactly the one key area we need to strengthen immediately.

His teams defensive record is a huge concern, the fact he went down with a better squad than we have now. His last 27 games (which is pretty much what we have left) he failed to win 21 of them and lost 19. He seems to have no plan b, and Bruce annihilated his side 😂

Howe is fine but there are understandable question marks over his time with Bournemouth, especially his last season.

The unfortunate thing is, he is an obvious downgrade from Emery which is difficult to get over at this point.

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

so last week Edwards was a no-nothing knob but today a lot of people are agreeing with him?

:yeah:

Its more that he agrees with us. He's not swayed anyones opinion and there's no way you can say this has been impressive.