Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just saying to anyone hitting on Howe's numbers with Bournemouth, but in 2018/19, Unai Emery's Arsenal conceded more goals than newly promoted Rafa's shoestring NUFC with Joselu up front.

From this episode, it looks like Emery is high needs, and he may not be suited to the pressure cooker we have now become. We as fans will be much more patient than the media are going to be, who will be sniping at every chance they get. We're going to need a manager with thick skin. However, even if missing out on Emery proves to be a blessing, doing it in this way is amateurish and should be a wakeup call to the consortium. They need to find out who is responsible both for the leaks and for failing to nail someone down already, and shut them up/bomb them out pronto.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Not necessarily, a club as small as Bournemouth was always going to need a shit load of investment to manage to stay in the PL. The quality of the signings he was able to get was always going to suffer due to the size of the club, so will have had to overspend compared to relative quality. 

It’s not even just about overspending it’s the fact that he overspent and it those players still weren’t very good. Some of those signings came when Bournemouth were established in the league. Even as a small club, if you’re willing to invest, and you’ve spent a fair amount of time in the league the quality you can attract should improve.

Just now, Toonjam88 said:

We are 2nd bottom of the league 6 points from safety what do people expect? 

We're "currently" 2nd bottom of the league 6 points from safety. Does that mean that's the level we should all aim for? How about Tim Sherwood then?

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We're "currently" 2nd bottom of the league 6 points from safety. Does that mean that's the level we should all aim for? How about Tim Sherwood then?

No that’s not what we should aim for but also means it will be harder to get top managers. 

Just now, Toonjam88 said:

No that’s not what we should aim for but also means it will be harder to get top managers. 

I'm yet to see a single post lamenting the club for failing to attract Emery. It's all discussion over how it got leaked and whether or not we should put up with Howe or Martinez for a bit.

What's happened to Fonseca and Favre btw? Feels strange to have the remaining 2 choices as Emery and Howe. FWIW, Howe isn't my first choice by any means, I just generally resent the 'look at the outcome, forget the context' narrative that is so ingrained in football analysis in this country across the board and imo that's being applied when looking at Howe. I don't think it'd be a disaster but it's far from the best appointment we could make. 

I think we can all agree that this manager hunt has been a total shambles. I'm hoping that the owners learn but given they already have previous for leaking stories that ended up going to ratshit, I dunno. We need people in. Now. It going on any longer increases our chances of going down.

8 minutes ago, Saudi Geordie said:

Am just gonna throw this one out there: Slaven Bilić...anyone?

Might as well throw Manuel Pellegrini's name in. He has done it before with Man City and is a fairly big name in World football. At 68, he is probably not looking long term anyway. Only bummer is he is currently with Real Betis

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

We were in the relegation zone when we got Rafa and Keegan. Should have just aimed for Mark Hughes and Lennie Lawrence instead.