Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The top bracket of managers won't come here yet. Managers at clubs doing well won't take the risk. Rafa won't ever break contract and he's not getting sacked soon. Fonseca seems to really want the job, Howe would be an okay choice, Favre has had no news about him really and Martinez is a fucking fraud who should be avoided. Get Fonseca imo, would be done really quickly which we need and he really wants to come here and let's face it, we're 6 points from safety after 10 games, have a squad that's desperate for coaching and improvement and have a horrid fixture list in December. No brainer for me.

Exactly, we need a transitional manager at the minute. Somebody to steady the ship, keep us up and kick on from there.

I’m not really understanding the Howe hate mind. I’ve been pretty apathetic about football for the last couple of years but I always remember Bournemouth being praised for their attacking football and trying to score goals. Watched a couple of interviews with him and sounds like injuries killed them in that last year, things probably went a bit stale after such a long time but seems like he done a pretty decent job start to finish. Always thought he speaks well too. Not saying I’d be jumping for joy (I wanted conte ffs) but certainly seems a better bet than Martinez, Lampard etc 

I'm no massive fan or owt but how did Martinez's reputation go down the pan so dramatically? I'd put him easily on par with the likes of Howe.

To be honest, would take anyone outside the old boy's club at this rate. As above, trying to secure safety this season is all that matters and that's not happening under Jones. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

There must be a reason Fonseca isn't on the shortlist.

Howe and Martinez ( :anguish: ) are so whoever's drawn it up needs looking at, like. Staveley was apprently impressed by his interview a few weeks back. Must be that PIF or whoever are being drawn into the 'need PL experience' thing. Only reason I can think of.

Whether Howe is good enough or not, matter of opinion i guess, but he's infinitely better than Bruce or any other imbecile Ashley would have appointed (Rafa and Hoots aside).

I'm not going to stamp my feet we're not signing a big name, fucking hell a month ago it looked like a full season of 'well you knooow'.

This is the start of something, and no doubt the new owners will make the odd bad decision, but we're in such a better place than we've probably ever been, even if it doesn't look like it right now.

Found it interesting we "apparently" approached Joachim Lowe too and were turned down. Against the narrative of Premiership experience that seems to be key from all the noise that has been leaked out. Probably whats keeping them from Favre and Fonseca. 

I am assuming AVB simply isn't interested as he has been screaming out at me the last week and a half. Think he would be beyond perfect, especially if we get Henrique as they are good friends.

Whatever happens we need someone in for Monday. Preferably before the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I don't think going to Newcastle who have a team that's 6 points from safety and hasn't been improved in the few years since multiple trophy winner Rafa Benitez struggled to keep us in the league is the draw some people think it is. Particularly when most going in now will know that it's not a long-term thing for them. Emery would have been ideal in the same way that Rafa could have been because you'd think that they could do the short and the long-term.  

As a counterpoint to that, it could be said the job is potentially very rewarding; any manager who arrives and begins to show even minimal improvement in the short term will find a fanbase full of praise and admiration - much like Rafa received. It wouldn't take much for a new manager to find himself in a position where he's backed by the supporters unwaveringly due to the downtrodden, apathetic feeling in the stands and beyond during the last few seasons. That's without mentioning the inevitable and substantial financial backing.

For a manager, unwavering support from the fans and financial backing from the owner is about as much as could be wished for. Both would be absolutely achievable here with even minimal success on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Foluwashola said:

I'm no massive fan or owt but how did Martinez's reputation go down the pan so dramatically? I'd put him easily on par with the likes of Howe.

To be honest, would take anyone outside the old boy's club at this rate. As above, trying to secure safety this season is all that matters and that's not happening under Jones. 

I reckon it started with him defending the tackle on Haidara by Mcmanaman, he acted like a right arsehole over that.

I'd go get Howe now, wasn't my first choice but we need someone in now and he might surprise us, not going to bring any big name players until the summer anyway. Got to be better than what we are doing now surely.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Only reason I can imagine theyre not sold on Fonseca would be his style of play when we're 2nd bottom and shipping goals at an unprecedented rate. Not that that's a line of thinking I agree with but it's the only thing I can think of. 

He's managed 10 clubs since 2007. He's a wee bit of a journeyman already. He might not actually be as good as some folk are making out.

I've argued against the need for a quick appointment because I wanted us to get the best man available and whilst that's still true, the Emery fiasco has put extra pressure on the board to hire quickly.

The fans, particularly online, want someone in pronto and are going to get very restless if someone isn't in by the weekend.

If its Howe, its imperative he's got the two weeks during the international break to drill the players.

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Found it interesting we "apparently" approached Joachim Lowe too and were turned down. Against the narrative of Premiership experience that seems to be key from all the noise that has been leaked out. Probably whats keeping them from Favre and Fonseca. 

I am assuming AVB simply isn't interested as he has been screaming out at me the last week and a half. Think he would be beyond perfect, especially if we get Henrique as they are good friends.

Whatever happens we need someone in for Monday. Preferably before the weekend. 

We're just not a huge attraction right now.. of course this will change in time but not at this stage..trully believe howe will keep us up... THEN it's show time

7 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He's managed 10 clubs since 2007. He's a wee bit of a journeyman already. He might not actually be as good as some folk are making out.

We just need someone to steady the ship and stabilise us for next season. Fonseca on an 18 month contract would do. Or Howe or Favre.

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I think one of the main things that hyped me up when the news broke yesterday was that it looked likely Emery was coming in this week with the intention of either managing v Brighton or certainly just being there, to then have the entire international break to work with the team prior to a decent home game vs Brentford.

Going back to the drawing board just wastes precious time, man. What a kick in the bollocks today has been. 

That was my bare minimum request. New manager starting Monday a full catch up, get to know, training and overall plans going into games we have to start winning.  Be surprised if that's not f**ked up now