Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

but it feels like they are a bit more clueless as owners than I expected.

This is maybe a bit harsh.
It's an obvious statement but football is a very unique industry and no one is going to come from the outside, with no one inside the club to assist and guide, and get it right immediately.
They are in such a difficult situation because they are expected to, and in a lot of respects have to, hit the ground running.
That's such a big ask of them.

Guest reefatoon
34 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

DoF appointment -> head coach appointment seems to be the way things should've gone.

Trust the process :kurt:

Dug out Neil's latest thoughts on Martinez (from 2016):

"Martinez is asking us to play in a way certain players are not comfortable with. Individual mistakes plus a lack of protection means our defending is regularly appalling, it surely has to be the worst in the league when you look at how easy it is to score against us.

Immensely frustrating when you consider the attacking talent we have. If things don't pick up sharp-ish or we win the League Cup, I can see Martinez getting binned off, because it's clear most of our errors come from not clearing our lines and trying to overplay - and that comes from the manager. He hasn't found the balance."

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think Howe would have touched us under Ashley like. He's far superior to any if the cloggers we'd have previously looked at.

Yep, people are kidding themselves if they think Howe would have come here under Ashley. I don't think he will come now either after what has happened over the last 4 weeks. No manager with integrity & who rates themselves will put up with being seen as such a short term appointment.

We are in a real mess and Martinez looks the most likey candidate. Personally I would honestly give it to Keegan now for this season. He still will have enough in his locker to get this lot safe with 6 months to go and money to spend in January.

Nice of the new regime to ease us into this “not having to be miserable all the time because you support a well-run football club” thing as opposed to springing it on us all at once. I don’t think my rapidly aging heart would have survived that abrupt of a change.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think Howe would have touched us under Ashley like. He's far superior to any if the cloggers we'd have previously looked at.

Find this hard to believe. Howe is happy to fight to keep a side up and celebrate midtable as success. If Ashley really wanted to go for him he could have got him. The issue is that it's not the coach we want under these owners, we want one who has ambitions way beyond Howe, and talent to take us there.