Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

48 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Enjoyed this 👏🏻 whatever happens, going from Bruce to even Howe would be a massive fucking upgrade, at least the bloke seems to have plans and ideas and how to change against opposition. 

I mean if this guy gets the gig I would be really rooting for him to do very well. Just really like the guy and how he comes across.

Hopefully he has learnt from his time at Bournemouth. I remember seeing an interview with him saying Covid was a blow for him because he was hoping to travel more and learn from other managers and clubs.

Think he has a lot of potential to be a fantastic manager. He's got the right mindset.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

No because you said you don’t know why people don’t want him and then say you don’t remember how Bournemouth played 

Really dont. Before the last season with bournemouth if I remember correctly ppl were praising him. Havent watched them played much so dont really know to much about him. He dosent look like a kebab or bacon eating turd, nor swearing every second word, or beeing narcisitic prick. So the question was honest, why do ppl hate him? ATM we just need anyone to come in and kick out the old training team.

I’m not bothered who we get now like, as long as it isn’t Roberto Martinez or Frank Lampard.

Had a bad feeling about Howe earlier on today, but coming around to the idea of him coming here now. If that’s who the new owners want then they need to get a move on. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Villas Boas. Fonseca. Rafa. Still options out there and tbh I'd have had them all over Emery. 

Rafa is still possible imo, the longer it ticks on for both clubs.

You would have had AVB and Fonseca over Emery?

3 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Favre is one I'm a little disappointed we've seemingly barely considered tbh, got Gladbach out the shite in his first season there when they were 7 adrift in Feb.

Did the same with Dortmund and think he’d be fairly low maintenance which is what is required whilst the owners organise themselves and the club.

29 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

I’m not bothered who we get now like, as long as it isn’t Roberto Martinez or Frank Lampard.

Had a bad feeling about Howe earlier on today, but coming around to the idea of him coming here now. If that’s who the new owners want then they need to get a move on. 

Yeah, after that masterclass video was posted, I watched it and then went back and looked at the highlights from his time at Bournemouth. They really did play some outrageous football at times.

As that video details he beat Conte 3 nil at Chelsea and then the next season when Chelsea came to Bournemouth under Sarri he thrashed them 4 nil. He was doing this with the likes of Gosling, Stanislas and Ibe in his team. That's crazy. Think I needed a reminder of some of his best moments at Bournemouth.

I absolutely do think he will need support in recruitment and that would be big for him. I don't think he knew the foreign market too well and so he couldn't really get good value in the market with players from abroad that he knew well.

Edited by KaKa

Guest reefatoon
55 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Fucking Lennon on Sky: “they need someone to come in and roll their sleeves up…”

How far were his sleeves rolled up when he said it?

Edited by reefatoon

I’ve got nothing against Howe, he seems like a good guy and I think he did a pretty decent job at Bournemouth. I’m not expected by the prospect of him coming in, however, it definitely wouldn’t be a bad appointment. As mentioned above, I’d be very confident we’d go down with Lampard or Martinez. With Howe, my major concern is how he’d be in the transfer market but if we have a director of football pulling those strings I’d be confident we could get the players in, in January to avoid relegation

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

That’s the spirit. the old wear us all down until we are sick and will accept anybody tactic. 

We’ll all be creaming our draws when we unveil Rooney next week.

We badly need a recruitment team like LFC/Man City have who work with the manager and use analysis, statistics and markers that identify players best suited to the manager’s system, tactics and style of play. 

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

That’s the spirit. the old wear us all down until we are sick and will accept anybody tactic. 

We’ll all be creaming our draws when we unveil Rooney next week.

Take a cheeky run at Mike Williamson.