Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

44 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's the same as people accusing them of indecision and dithering, when we don't have a scooby what's been happening behind the scenes.

They're not above criticism and they need to cut the leaks out, but some of it has been over the top.

They aren't above criticism, but they've been here just under a month, got rid of Bruce (albeit a bit slower than we hoped) and seemingly had us on the brink of bringing in a manager who was wildly above our station a month ago so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, 'still'. 

Also, I guess I tend to believe the Emery leaks came from elsewhere. 

Edited by Wilson

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well, they would have known that four weeks ago. They were clear Bruce was going to be peddled from the start.

If their intention was to start with a manager, why did it take so long to sack Bruce and/or recruit one?

We shouldn’t be sat here four weeks in without any sort of appointment made.

I don't know why its taken so long, it could be a perfectly legitimate reason, or it could be poor on their part.

If someone had told me 4 weeks ago that we’d be shot of Ashley, we’d be absolutely minted and have Eddie Howe as our manager I’d have been over the fucking moon!  Thats what I’ll base my reaction to Howe joining us on, if he does.

Edited by Holmesy

33 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

The issue with Howe for me, and apologies if it has been said by someone before, is two fold.

1. I feel he would have just about been attainable under Ashley.  So to end up with him after we've made something of a Fautian pack with this takeover is disappointing.  Robert Johnson didn't sell his soul to be really good at the recorder did he.

2. We could easily end up with a Nuno at Spurs situation, with it being pretty clear he was quite far down the list and his authority and therefore ability to change things severely diminished as a result.

We do need do accept our reality which is that we are 6 points adrift after a relatively kind set of fixtures

In addition we don't have the structure in place yet (understandably so) so it's not a normal situation where we are looking for a manager

If this happened in July I'm convinced we would get a much better calibre of manager but the timing and situation is making things difficult

We do ideally need someone in soon, so we can a) look to pick up much needed points and b) identity the priority signings needed so we can get them done at the start of January 

Another doubt I have with Howe is his relative inexperience. I'd like to see coaches from a variety of backgrounds - and the best we could possibly hope to appoint at this stage - in place to facilitate that next transition. I don't think Howe has that address book, sadly, and I can well see the current fuckwits staying in place a while longer yet.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He is the last reporter (including Edwards) I would take any notice of. He’s always very anti Newcastle and I’ve yet to see one positive article about the club over the years. Even the way he writes that article you can tell, ‘turned down by a long list of managers’, ‘shambolic’, ‘chaotic strategy’. Fuck him the blokes a total cunt when it comes to us.

Just watching the Eddie Howe Mic'd up vid, he's so detailed, i know that doesn't mean he'll be successful but the contrast to Bruce is mental.

It's the way he tells his squad how their moment isn't good enough when they go forward, and what they need to do correct it.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He is the last reporter (including Edwards) I would take any notice of. He’s always very anti Newcastle and I’ve yet to see one positive article about the club over the years. Even the way he writes that article you can tell, ‘turned down by a long list of managers’, ‘shambolic’, ‘chaotic strategy’. Fuck him the blokes a total cunt when it comes to us.

Correct but we best get used to it which in itself is absolutely glorious man

How has/is our search for a manager been shambolic by the way, we approached managers and they've said no. Is it shambolic because the first one said no, or the 2nd or 3rd or whatever.

The treatment we get really is unrivalled in it's negativity. I want us to win things, not because I've suffered years of crap and would like to see that, i want us to do it now so i can say 'fuck you's lot, you bunch of absolute cunts'

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

How has/is our search for a manager been shambolic by the way, we approached managers and they've said no. Is it shambolic because the first one said no, or the 2nd or 3rd or whatever.

The treatment we get really is unrivalled in it's negativity. I want us to win things, not because I've suffered years of crap and would like to see that, i want us to do now so i can say 'fuck you's lot you bunch of absolute cunts'

It was the same with Spurs in the summer to be fair, they made their manager hunt sound like a fiasco.

Really don’t dislike Howe at all. Achieved a hell of a lot at Bournemouth, is clearly a very good football mind, and is potentially a manager who can grow with us, with the right investment.

Think it would be a good appointment.

I will caveat all of this by saying I’d be happy with most of the linked managers. All are big improvements over Bruce, and all are potentially good for the “next step” in our development. I would even be very happy with Gerrard. Sometimes there’s a lot to be said for having a talisman in the building.

I would back most of the linked managers to keep us up. There are some good players in that squad that have been woefully mismanaged. 

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I'm going to latch onto this and choose to believe the part about canceling the other interviews is B.S.

Edited by B-more Mag