Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Willow said:

RDT_20211104_01392078632107259_arcgjtitt

Holy shit that looks like a mates house back in 1978. God rest his soul. It was bad. He had me smuggle out a bottle of Rum under my shirt in front of the family. That was fun.

23 minutes ago, McDog said:

Holy shit that looks like a mates house back in 1978. God rest his soul. It was bad. He had me smuggle out a bottle of Rum under my shirt in front of the family. That was fun.

Why was your mate getting you to smuggle the rum out of his own house? It's like robbing Peter to pay Paul. It doesn't make any sense.

7 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Why was your mate getting you to smuggle the rum out of his own house? It's like robbing Peter to pay Paul. It doesn't make any sense.

He handed it to me and said "put this under your shirt" and opened the damn door. I was frozen to the spot and had no option but to improvise. It did work by the way.

edit: It was his dads rum. I get now what you are asking. It was his parents house and we were 17.

Edited by McDog

2 hours ago, Shak said:

Will be quite positive if it's Howe.

Young manager who has done some good things and looks like he has potential to grow. Should hopefully be able to make a quick impact which is important given our current plight.

Important to remember that this doesn't necessarily have to be the manager that takes us to the CL and winning trophies. So much change needs to happen at the club before that's something we can realistically aim for, if he comes in and keeps us up and gets us looking like a team with some semblance of a plan while we rebuild the squad for a couple of years that'll be an important job done.

Maybe he'll take a step forward as a manager at a club with more resources and become a top boss. If so, great. If not, that'll become evident in time and we'll hopefully be better able to attract a Ten Hag or Emery level manager by then.

Absolutely all of this. 

I'm taken aback by how people seem to think three weeks is a long time to be attempting to hire someone, esp. with the pool of potential employees being as limited as it is. I assume these people are all running companies and could afford to buy the club with such management and hiring skills!

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

I'm taken aback by how people seem to think three weeks is a long time to be attempting to hire someone, esp. with the pool of potential employees being as limited as it is. I assume these people are all running companies and could afford to buy the club with such management and hiring skills!

it certainly never takes this long in FM so something's definitely wrong

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

I guess it's fair to say Man City had their 'Mark Hughes' standard manager before they kicked on. I'd be happier with Howe than a Hughes standard manager.

Again, mark Hughes was already at Citu before the takeover 

I can't help thinking in the long term Emery will regret this decision, perhaps he's coming to the end of his managerial career and just wants to wind down, no loss if he's not committed

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Again, mark Hughes was already at Citu before the takeover 

That's true. But Mark Hughes was a relatively respected middling manager at the time and nevertheless newly appointed. Man City had already recently spent well after the Shinawatra takeover and were already an ambitious midtable team. I doubt they could've gotten Mancini straight away anyway and they were starting in a much better position than us. That is to say I think it's still true that realistically we will need someone else less sought after before our 'Mancini'.

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

Took Spurs what, a day and a half to get Conte?

9 hours ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Bravo for wearing rose tinted glasses at night

1. this message wasn't for your then

2. best football on the planet? 

3. No he said he lost the dressing room and walked

4. It got tough after promotion.

5. No,no. he left as the pressure was on.

3. Well if he'd lost the dressing room he'd done it in style thrashing Spurs 7-1 

As far as the new manager is concerned I think we all (as fans), need to come back to earth quickly.

Emery was going to be the head turner, but he acted like a scorned ex-girlfriend so that's up to him.

I'm happy to get Howe in and get behind him, he seems decent enough and we need someone quickly. We need to be realistic and with the absolute shambles of a club and facilities we have we just need someone to pull us out of the shit and stabilise the first team while the infrastructure is sorted out, if we progress all when and good. Time for realism though.

17 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

As far as the new manager is concerned I think we all (as fans), need to come back to earth quickly.

Emery was going to be the head turner, but he acted like a scorned ex-girlfriend so that's up to him.

I'm happy to get Howe in and get behind him, he seems decent enough and we need someone quickly. We need to be realistic and with the absolute shambles of a club and facilities we have we just need someone to pull us out of the shit and stabilise the first team while the infrastructure is sorted out, if we progress all when and good. Time for realism though.

Can't argue with any of this really. If you'd offered me Howe instead of Bruce a month ago I would have been happy to roll that particular dice, even in the context of Ashley's ownership.