Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

My main issue with this appointment is that where it the summer and he was given this squad I think he is more than capable of keeping it up. However I’m not sure that he’s the man to come in now in our current position and first claw back the 6 points and then keep us up from there.

Just get Howe in. Levels above anyone we've had recently and with financial backing and support from a sporting director he should be able to progress us while PIF re-build the clubs infrastructure. Its a risk but one worth taking imo. 

Or to put another way: if a few months ago we were offered a PIF takeover and Eddie Howe has manager, everyone would have taken it. Bigger picture.

Edited by Bada Bing

It is sometimes a good thing for a manager to have some time out as Howe has done. It gives them time to recharge the batteries, use the time to evaluate what went on before and perhaps see ways of doing things differently to improve their skills. He did more good things than bad during his time with Bournemouth that's for sure

Howe is an intersting choice.

He clearly had problems in his last season in Bournemouth but as said above, he had took the club as far as he could.

How many times have we seen a manager reshape an entire playing squad in order to push on, Ferguson did it at Man Utd, Wenger at Arsenal, any more? Its an incredibly difficult thing to do.

Obviously Fergy and Wenger were top managers and maybe Howe could have if he'd had similar resources. Or maybe he just wasnt good enough. Time will tell if he comes here.

17 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Howe being 2nd choice and seen as ‘less exciting’, may well work in his favour if he is appointed, in terms of lower expectations and a bit less pressure. 

With time strumming short, I’d get him in now and offer a big bonus for keeping us up and every league position gained. 

& more likely for those in the crowd to turn against him quicker as well.

46 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The caulkin article says he impressed them with his idea of who to target in the January window and how he could work with Jones. And they where also impressed because he has worked with Wilson, Ritchie and Fraser before.

:scared:

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

That makes sense as theres nowt we can do about Rithie or Fraser until Jan at the earliest.

Not playing them, or listening to Jones' ideas on tactics and starting eleven would be a good start like. 

28 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Not sure what the problem is with the Jones and Ritchie part is?

They should be nowhere near this club. Ritchie must be responsible for at least 6 goals we've conceded so far and it's November.

This appointment has relegation written all over it. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Menace

They had already said Jones was staying, regardless of which manager comes in, so yes it's important that a new manager can get on with him. BTW, just because Jones isn't a good manager doesn't mean he's not a good coach or have a value to the club.

4 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

I'm definitely warming to Howe but the two things that worry me are if he decides to keep playing Ritchie due him playing for him before and also that the club seem to be insisting on keeping Jones around.

As long as Ritchie isn't playing LWB and is in more of an attacking role I don't think he'll be anywhere near as much of a liability. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

As long as Ritchie isn't playing LWB and is in more of an attacking role I don't think he'll be anywhere near as much of a liability. 

You mean the guy with no pace, can't dribble or cross?

Imagine a new young manager took over Carlisle United this morning. Bucket collections to keep them afloat. He turns around their form and stops them getting relegated to Non League Football. Next season he sorts them out and they get promoted as Champions of League 2.

Next season in League one they walk the league including doing the double over the biggest club to ever grace League One and everybodys cup final - Sunderland. 

Carlisle in championship sounds mental but they win that league including 8-0 away win at Birmingham. 

First time in their history Carlisle United are in the Premier League! They play great football and finish 9th! Carlisle finish 9th in Premier. This manager keeps Carlisle in Premier League for 5 seasons. Eventually they are relegated on final day. 

This, manager who done all this is labelled shite, overrated and a failure. Absolutely incredible :lol:

This is a mirror image of what Eddie Howe did at Bournemouth.