Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Imagine a new young manager took over Carlisle United this morning. Bucket collections to keep them afloat. He turns around their form and stops them getting relegated to Non League Football. Next season he sorts them out and they get promoted as Champions of League 2.

Next season in League one they walk the league including doing the double over the biggest club to ever grace League One and everybodys cup final - Sunderland. 

Carlisle in championship sounds mental but they win that league including 8-0 away win at Birmingham. 

First time in their history Carlisle United are in the Premier League! They play great football and finish 9th! Carlisle finish 9th in Premier. This manager keeps Carlisle in Premier League for 5 seasons. Eventually they are relegated on final day. 

This, manager who done all this is labelled shite, overrated and a failure. Absolutely incredible :lol:

This is a mirror image of what Eddie Howe did at Bournemouth. 

All whilst spending more than Liverpool in the process 

Ritchie was finished under Rafa. Bruce kept him on because he's one of the lads and a grafter.

If Howe is smart he will spot that Ritchie is finished. If he's not, then Howe won't be a success anyway.

It might take a couple of games though.

This Fraser refused to play thing has a caveat. 

He was out of contract, had already decided he wanted to move on, then the covid pushback happened. 

He didn't so much refuse to play, as much as he wouldn't temporarily extend his contract to cover the extended Covid games. 

27 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

It is sometimes a good thing for a manager to have some time out as Howe has done. It gives them time to recharge the batteries, use the time to evaluate what went on before and perhaps see ways of doing things differently to improve their skills. He did more good things than bad during his time with Bournemouth that's for sure

Also lets not forget Bournmouth went down when fans were not allowed in and when the pandemic brought about numerous players testing positive over the course of their relegation season and being required to self isolate and matches being postponed as first team players being unavailable.  The competition was suspended beyond the normal end of the season. Wilson was injured for most of the season.  Fraser was out of contract due to the season being suspended and when it restarted he refused to extend his contract in case he got injured. Imo all of this contributed to their relegation rather than Howe suddenly becoming a crap manager!

42 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They’re both shit and should be out the door asap, that’s the problem. 

I’m not sure that Jones is a shit coach but I’d agree with Ritchie.

But then if he comes in I doubt he’ll have a full coaching team ready to go as he’s been out a while so it makes sense he’ll work with the senior coach until he gets sorted out. As for Ritchie, he’s clearly one of the ‘senior players’ and does seem to care about the club. Working effectively with the the likes of him will get the players quickly on side.

I am warming to Howe and trust in a DoF set-up he wouldn't get the chance to make the same transfer calls.

But, I do worry he is used to working with players of lesser ability and might make do with players that need to be shipped on like Ritchie, Shelves, Clark, Gayle, Darlow et Al

We have to avoid relegation but also look like a club going places in order to recruit.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The article says that he has a plan as to how he can fit Jones in. As for Caulkin mentioning the three Bournemouth players, he fell out with Fraser and dropped and then sold Ritchie, so I wouldn't read into that too much. 

Look, the people demand the pissing of pants.

We can't have you come in with sound reasoning ruining everything!

1 hour ago, Chicane said:

Gotta be a bit weird rocking up to a job that you and the whole world knows you were at best the second choice for

Sure all the money bags help of course

Why though? He was the second choice but isn't anymore because the previous first choice showed himself up.

Where is the shame in being one of the top two options for a job that is such a great opportunity. I'd be more than happy. The top guy has definitely dropped the ball, so go ahead grab it and run with it.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

And on the Ritchie thing.... he also sold the cunt. :lol:

Exactly :lol:

He'll use him as part of the squad if he's a good option, but the idea he's going to be guaranteed a place is a bit much.

Can't help thinking Fonseca would be a Keegan-esque appointment in that what the club needs is a galvanising figure to inject that spark of life into this almost dead club, he has charisma, confidence and plays attacking football with a clear philosophy. 

I think too many are swayed by the relegation battle aspect and even Emery was prioritised for his pragmatic abilities to manage a defence. But being able to attack doesn't mean not being able to defend. It's not a binary thing. So Fonseca over Howe for me, especially because by all accounts he interviewed well too.

8 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I am warming to Howe and trust in a DoF set-up he wouldn't get the chance to make the same transfer calls.

But, I do worry he is used to working with players of lesser ability and might make do with players that need to be shipped on like Ritchie, Shelves, Clark, Gayle, Darlow et Al

We have to avoid relegation but also look like a club going places in order to recruit.

The new owners have stated their desire is to build a club that eventually challenges at the top, he's going to be aware of that and he will know it's a completely different challenge with the resources available to make them a reality.

He's not going to come in and be trying to hold on to the likes of Shelvey and Ritchie man. Come on :lol:

At the same time his experience with lesser players will be good in the interim because he should be able to hopefully get more out of this bunch in the lead up to January.

His Bournemouth teams were very high energy, and so I think the team will be built around Wilson, ASM, Miggy, Fraser, Willock and Hayden as far as the midfield and forward areas are concerned.

Edited by KaKa

If we go down too he’s probably someone who’d stay and get us up easily first attempt, and then with a larger budget build us. Could be a decent 3-4 year appointment regardless of relegation this season. Unless it’s an absolutely horrendous survival attempt obviously but if we’re 10-12 adrift by the window it’s not going to be on him given the fixtures before then.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we go down too he’s probably someone who’d stay and get us up easily first attempt, and then with a larger budget build us. Could be a decent 3-4 year appointment regardless of relegation this season. Unless it’s an absolutely horrendous survival obviously but if we’re 10-12 adrift by the window it’s not going to be on him given the fixtures before then.

Yeah I agree, the new owners have to consider the distinct possibility of us going down. I like the loyalty that Howe showed to Bournemouth, obviously shows a side of his character. I don’t think he would be the kind to bugger off. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a bit premature to assume he's going to love Ritchie and Fraser just because he knows them from years ago. He'd be a terrible manager if he made decisions like that. 

At the same time if he does decide to use them just let him get on with it, as he may well be able to get something out of them that gets us results.

The man was using Dan Gosling in midfield long after he left us and his team played football light year's ahead of what we have recently. Just let him do his job if he does come in. In January we should then be able to start a squad rebuild.

22 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’m not sure that Jones is a shit coach but I’d agree with Ritchie.

But then if he comes in I doubt he’ll have a full coaching team ready to go as he’s been out a while so it makes sense he’ll work with the senior coach until he gets sorted out. As for Ritchie, he’s clearly one of the ‘senior players’ and does seem to care about the club. Working effectively with the the likes of him will get the players quickly on side.

the jones is shit line is boring man.