Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

In every video I’ve watched of Eddie Howe he comes across as an intelligent bloke who knows what he’s talking about (which is really refreshing). I wouldn’t have even said I would have got excited about him becoming our manager 24 hours ago, but I’’m well and truly on board now.  Let’s get him today and crack on getting up that league!

He’s been mentioned since the start of the process. He may well be second choice to Emery, but I’m not convinced he’s that far down our list.

He did a great job at Bournemouth and he’ll certainly get given every chance from me. He’s well above the Lampards and Gerrrards of the world and probably a good starting point for us to build upon.

He’s not the biggest name in the world, but he’s a vast improvement on what we’ve just had. It’s a big opportunity for him and hopefully he runs with it.

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Why though? He was the second choice but isn't anymore because the previous first choice showed himself up.

Where is the shame in being one of the top two options for a job that is such a great opportunity. I'd be more than happy. The top guy has definitely dropped the ball, so go ahead grab it and run with it.

No shame or issue mate.. some just want it to be so they can have a moan

Edited by Gaztoon

Not sure why Gerrard gets such a bad rep, he's done nothing but improve that Rangers team in the League & Europe, always seems to speak well and his players seem to enjoy playing for him.

We now have the clearest indication that we should never under any circumstances have Lampard anywhere near this club, as he has received a ringing endorsement for the Newcastle job from the hippo head himself Sam Allardyce.

Interesting that the PFMs don't tend to champion Eddie Howe as much. Very good sign IMO.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

This is what I can't get my head around. If he's turned down numerous jobs so that he can get the right opportunity, why would this situation be the right opportunity for him? It doesn't really make any sense. 

Just now, kisearch said:

This is what I can't get my head around. If he's turned down numerous jobs so that he can get the right opportunity, why would this situation be the right opportunity for him? It doesn't really make any sense. 

Why wouldn’t it be ?

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s been mentioned since the start of the process. He may well be second choice to Emery, but I’m not convinced he’s that far down our list.

He did a great job at Bournemouth and he’ll certainly get given every chance from me. He’s well above the Lampards and Gerrrards of the world and probably a good starting point for us to build upon.

He’s not the biggest name in the world, but he’s a vast improvement on what we’ve just had. It’s a big opportunity for him and hopefully he runs with it.

Absolutely agree. I’ve watched football and supported the toon for over 40 years and plenty of cases of “underwhelming” managers (as people are saying about Howe) doing well. Only time will tell I suppose. 

If you told me we might get a manager that had kept a club from being relegated out of the football league after taking over at a 17 point defecit, got that team promoted the next season, and got them up to the PL in the course of seven seasons, taking time off to manage another club for a season, and kept them up for several seasons, I'd probably snap your hand off.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Because he'll have unlimited funds to be able to set us up however he wants

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why wouldn’t it be ?

The quality of the squad, the position the club's in, the lack of enthusiasm from fans, the long term expectation, knowing you're second choice, knowing unless you pull off something incredible you're going to be replaced fairly quickly. 

Considering the jobs he's supposedly turned down, I don't understand why that ^ would be what you were looking for. 

Edited by kisearch

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

The role is high risk, high reward. I could see it being hugely tempting to anyone who’s not already managing a successful club or one in Europe. We’re going to have huge transfer resources available to turn things around, we’re likely going to be revolutionising all aspects of the club to make it elite in terms of training facilities. A lot of managers with confidence would back themselves to make something special of this opportunity 

6 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Howe is so underwhelming like. Honestly don’t think he’ll change that much. Can’t see him instantly thinking it makes far more sense to have a ball-playing centre half in the side rather than Ciaran twatting Clark, for example.

Did you not ever see Bournemouth play then? :lol:

Howe would be good for now. The manager we appoint now only needs to get us a 2 or 3 places up the league with 28 games to go and a will surely have a significant pot of cash to spend in January. Any players bought for that short term goal can be recycled out in due course, as can the manager. The bigger picture is the CEO and DOF needed before the wholesale reorganisation of the organisation and redevelopment of the dilapidated infrastructure takes place. Any elite manager would want to see what they were getting into before joining us right now. I'm not really surprised we can't attract any of those, notwithstanding Rafa who clearly gave up on us.

I'm sure Howe could do that short term job and could eventually walk away with the kudos of keeping us up and the profile it will bring. We will certainly be one of the highest profile clubs going forwards. He's got nothing to lose if he joins us, and if he turns out to better than many seem to think he is, then that's a bonus. Personally I think we are 3 managers away (and a billion £ overhaul) from winning anything significant.