Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, MagCA said:

It’s being reported that Howe would ask for Richard Hughes to be installed as Technical Director. Don’t really know anything about him but they worked together at Bournemouth. 

Howe was not my first choice but if he’s the way we go I would leave to see a Howe x Rangnick link up

Where is it being reported 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I've seen a lot of love for Fonseca on social media. Him and Howe both carry risk, but why do folk believe Fonseca is better equipped to keep us up?

I assume it’s because he doesn’t have a relegation on his CV and a better record all round 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Fair, I think he did alright with minows in Portugal didn't he? He'd do well to get Shakhtar and Roma relegated.

I’ll be honest I don’t know a lot about him I’m with you in that I don’t see the reasons people seem desperate to get him. I would guess most people who do want him haven’t seen more than ten games of his tbh.

21 minutes ago, worthy said:

I hope I'm dead wrong. But my gut is telling me that Howe will be a mediocrity

would take that right know if it kept us up.

mediocrity is a couple of steps up from fat shite.

If people don’t think Howe wants to play good attacking football, go watch a couple of his interviews online. Constantly talks about attack beinf best form of defence, wants to score lots of goals, attacking football is ingrained in him. 

only difference between him and Bruce saying it is that he actually seems to be able to coach.

get a DOF who will give him some decent players and I think he’ll do ok. Hopefully get more out of ASM and Almiron too 

It's a big opportunity for Howe like, imagine if he keeps us up and gets a couple of Saudi-backed transfer windows. It's what he would need to take his career into the next tier of managers. He could elevate himself to the elite level easily if he makes it work. 

Can't deny it's a bit of a gamble on survival, but even Emery is no guarantee of getting a tune out of the shite we've got now.

I was gutted yesterday but I'm prepared to see how he does. TBH if we weren't on such a low points total I'd have no worries at all.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I did, but I don’t see him as someone who will necessarily come in and change things around too much - and most definitely not straight away. We expected it from Jones, it didn’t happen and I see the same here.

The problem is Jones isn't a manager. Howe is.

Exciting, hope it gets sorted promptly and I think he'll do well here. The 'obviously being second choice' thing hopefully won't be too invasive an issue at least in the short term as the expectations are pretty low atm. They're literally just 'win a few games, please.' If he can't do that then he isn't the right man anyway. 

The context was different at Spurs; winning a few games was never going to be enough for Nuno when the expectation was to get Spurs in the mix for the title and Champions League.  He was on a hiding to nothing there, but hopefully Emery's shadow won't loom as heavily as Conte's did there. 

Not really arsed about the connections with Bournemouth players. I'm sure he'll see Ritchie the way the rest of us do. If he gets a tune out of Fraser then that would be a bonus, but nowt lost if not.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

A manager dictating who the person above is is a huge red flag to me. 

This is actually pretty normal. Part of the reason Tottenham brought in Fabio Paratici in the summer was to have a better chance of getting Conte.

They often come as a package deal, similar to Ten Hag and Overmars.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I did, but I don’t see him as someone who will necessarily come in and change things around too much - and most definitely not straight away. We expected it from Jones, it didn’t happen and I see the same here.

But his teams have always played that way. He has said himself that it's the way he sets his teams up, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Be weird if he came in and just left things like they have been with us sitting in our box every game. It would be the first time he's ever done that.