Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm baffled by Jones like, he hasn't even tried to put his own spin on things. You'd think he'd at least want to show that he has something about him.

Its been shocking really. Took the easy way out. Very disappointing.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm baffled by Jones like, he hasn't even tried to put his own spin on things. You'd think he'd at least want to show that he has something about him.

I get the impression Jones is a coach and nothing else, good at being told what to do with players. Hence why Southgate brought him in for England in the summer.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I guess we don't really know what's going on with the defenders not getting in the team, but surely anyone with a footballing brain can recognise that Ritchie is a massive weak link at the moment.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a big opportunity for Howe like, imagine if he keeps us up and gets a couple of Saudi-backed transfer windows. It's what he would need to take his career into the next tier of managers. He could elevate himself to the elite level easily if he makes it work. 

Can't deny it's a bit of a gamble on survival, but even Emery is no guarantee of getting a tune out of the shite we've got now.

I was gutted yesterday but I'm prepared to see how he does. TBH if we weren't on such a low points total I'd have no worries at all.

Totally agree. Coaches like Howe get far more opportunity in major European leagues, where they appoint based on the quality of the coach rather than outcomes. Dean Smith, Graeme Potter, Thomas Frank and Patrick Viera show that young, talented coaches can do a job at this level, if they're given the opportuniy. Howe of course, has already proven he can operate in the PL.

Everyone on the ring below Emery carries an element of risk, but I think Howe will suprise a few people.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

In the words of Craig Bellamy after Norwich is 2004, we were “so open” under Bruce - every time Tottenham went forward against us they looked like scoring, there was no organisation, we were all over the place. Jones clearly tried to shore things up and against Chelsea they couldn’t create anything 60mins or so in. It didn’t work in the end and he’s not a manager, but been a bit baffled at the commmets that is more of the same Bruceball. 

44 minutes ago, worthy said:

I hope I'm dead wrong. But my gut is telling me that Howe will be a mediocrity

Mediocrity is fine if it brings survival this season. Its wishful thinking to think any manager who takes us over now is going to be the one to lead us to the CL

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

If Howe finishes 17th this season and comfortably avoids for relegation battle next, we're making progress.

I don’t think we have anything to worry about once we stay up, the journey begins. 

If fucking Brucey had managed even one win :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Give him an 18 month contract. Keep us up, stabilise us for next season while keeping us out of a relegation battle, playing attacking football, there's a good base for the next guy and Howe's stock is higher than before. Everyone's a winner.

Few other good videos.

'Reportedly interviewed via Zoom last week, further talks with him are expected - although unlike Emery, it's unclear whether Howe is backed by all of the owners.'

Noticed this on .com

I certainly hope that our complex new owner set up, doesn't result in conflict with other big decisions, further down the line. Early days of course and only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Bruce got this squad to 12th.. howe will keep us up and with ease IMO of course.

Via a record breaking run of goal scoring form from Willock who looks far from replicating that feat. Without him we’d have sunk like a stone. Howe has got his work cut out imo to get form back for more than a few of our players. 

Day 2 after the FARCE.   I've calmed down a bit from yesterday and so if they appoint Howe, he will have my support but I will have my reservations also.   If the appointment works in that we dont get relegated then I will hold my hand up and congratulate him.   I also hope it then gives the consortium time to get the top level team in place.  As if we are in the PL next year, we need to hit the ground running with recruiting earlier, a good pre season plan and then start the assault on a top 10 place!