Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

FWIW in my experience Howe is a popular choice with a lot of the very much not online older generation. Lost count of the amount of times I've heard "I don't know why we don't go for Eddie Howe!?" from my great uncle, uncles, father in law, and the woman at work.

Cos he’s British marra 

Feels almost like we're trawling through the worst periods of his career in order to get the 'told you so' ready should he fail. 

He's a manager with a decent track record who we would have all been buzzing about a month ago. For once agreed with the mega troll Luke Edwards, hope he gets absolutely unbridled support.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Well yeah same but my worry is whether his methods specifically worked for Bournemouth, then when they didnt he couldn’t adapt. Like when he went to Burnley. If his methods don’t work here he needs to change, straight away. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy with him but I am not as happy as I would have been a couple of years back 

But at the same time, i'm sure there were plenty of period over his 4-5 years where things did go wrong and he did change them and they did work.

Maybe he'd just ran his course, injuries, stale, whatever. But i dont think we can just look at one priod at say it went wrong and he done nothing, thats suggesting everything went right 100% of the time previously which of course wouldnt be the case.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

But at the same time, i'm sure there were plenty of period over his 4-5 years where things did go wrong and he did change them and they did work.

Maybe he'd just ran his course, injuries, stale, whatever. But i dont think we can just look at one priod at say it went wrong and he done nothing, thats suggesting everything went right 100% of the time previously which of course wouldnt be the case.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Guessing it does mean something, they still haven’t said who is doing the pre match press conference tomorrow 

Would have thought we would know if Howe was in Newcastle today by now. Press are always all over that. Can't see him making an appearance at training in an hour lol.

Maybe the owners are so embarrassed they have gone on total leak lockdown lol

I'm sorry like but I'm really not getting excited about this. We're the worlds richest club and you're honestly telling me Howe is the best we can do for the foreseeable future? I can understand people being content as we've just had Bruce for almost 3 years, but its an underwhelming appointment.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Would have thought we would know if Howe was in Newcastle today by now. Press are always all over that. Can't see him making an appearance at training in an hour lol.

Maybe the owners are so embarrassed they have gone on total leak lockdown lol

The owners where on Tyneside for 72 hours before the takeover broke to be fair 😂 and Howe was only in Liverpool last night it’s not far away 

Just now, kisearch said:

Is it not just that it was scheduled that way for Emery coming in and they didn't want to muck the players about again changing the training time at late notice?

Hardly mucking them about when we knew Emery wasn’t coming over 24 hours ago 

Just now, Beth said:

Over his five PL years at Bournemouth they conceded an average of 66 goals a season. He sounds ideal to sort out our dogshit defence.

That’s my biggest concern and why I sadly feel we will go down with him this season. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hardly mucking them about when we knew Emery wasn’t coming over 24 hours ago 

aye, but people make plans. If my boss tells me on Tuesday that I've got Thursday morning off and then I'm told the next day that actually I have to come in I'm saying too bad, I've made plans. 

Just now, kisearch said:

aye, but people make plans. If my boss tells me on Tuesday that I've got Thursday morning off and then I'm told the next day that actually I have to come in I'm saying too bad, I've made plans. 

😂 imagine a premier league player doing that 

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Doesn’t work like that mate :lol: