Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I'd be staggered if Howe came here and kept all the same coaches. I'm pretty sure he turned down Celtic as he couldn't bring the team he wanted? may have to check if that was the case :lol: - but all our coaching team feel like they are part of the problem on top of Bruce.

i think he's safer hands than his last season would indicate and i assume he'll be extremely well backed in January.

If he was a summer hire it would be massively underwhelming but considering the circumstances this appointment is closer to copacetic than catastrophe.

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

i think he's safer hands than his last season would indicate and i assume he'll be extremely well backed in January.

If he was a summer hire it would be massively underwhelming but considering the circumstances this appointment is closer to copacetic than catastrophe.

Agreed 👍🏻

and for those that were wondering:

Definition of copacetic

: very satisfactory

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Went from being made up and excited if it's Emery, to disappointed by the way it leaked and failed, to completely underwhelmed if it's Howe.

He has no relevant experience for the challenge here imo. We have to hope he can step up at a much bigger club with much bigger expectations and pressure. 

The challenge for now is taking over a club in a relegation battle with League One/Two level facilities and building from ground up. He does have relevant experience of that.

17 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Not to sound bitter, but I hope Emery had a shit birthday and his mam burnt his tea and got him a pencil case for his main present.

:lol: if any of the tweet's suggesting he did a last minute about face, then aye.  Stupid that any of that leaked out, but doesn't make him a saint, either and I imagine the pressure is on now in his current role. 

Had a bit more of a think about Howe getting the job and I'm starting to come round to it a bit more. 

After results, the next best measure of the quality of a manager is their ability to improve players so when you look through some of the players he's added value to then it's actually quite a sizeable and impressive list of players. If he can put some shine back on some of the players who've fallen by the wayside under Bruce, he could have some good success here.  

Having said that, my concerns about his supposed inabilty to coach a defensive unit still remain. 

10 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Had a bit more of a think about Howe getting the job and I'm starting to come round to it a bit more. 

After results, the next best measure of the quality of a manager is their ability to improve players so when you look through some of the players he's added value to then it's actually quite a sizeable and impressive list of players. If he can put some shine back on some of the players who've fallen by the wayside under Bruce, he could have some good success here.  

Having said that, my concerns about his supposed inabilty to coach a defensive unit still remain. 

You would hope that (a) there is a self awareness of this and (b) funds available to bring in a decent defensive coach to address it

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

We could well be 9 points adrift by the end of this weekend. So I would say it’s not ideal.

Again failing to realise that us being 9 points adrift would not be the fault of the current owners. Not even slightly.

While they are not at fault for the predicament we are in due to what has gone on before the new owners arrived they are now the only ones that could do anything about it. While I don't blame them I can understand why you may be annoyed as give us time and follow the process to get it right could lead us being adrift by double figures. 

Edited by nufcjmc

8 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

While they are not at fault for the predicament we are in due to what has gone on before the new owners arrived they are now the only ones that could do anything about it. While I don't blame them I can understand why you may be annoyed as give us time and follow the process to get it right could lead us being adrift by double figures. 

Could be 10 ponts safe by Season End.

Could be relagated if they get it wrong by rushing.

17 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

You would hope that (a) there is a self awareness of this and (b) funds available to bring in a decent defensive coach to address it

I'd be very very surprised if either were true. 

4 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Could be 10 ponts safe by Season End.

Could be relagated if they get it wrong by rushing.

Could have such a gap to bridge by the time  someone comes in and works with a poor squad to work out what works for us to grind results it won't matter how good the manager is right for the club. If we were midtable we all know very few would be replacing the underwear just yet as plenty of time but our situation darkens by the day and the coaches tasked with steadying the ship have failed. Has to be the balance but they have had weeks not days. 

Edited by nufcjmc

19 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Although it could just be a case of philosophy, his philosophy is that attack is the best form of defence, a mid/lower table team with that approach is always going to look a bit shaky at the back. That doesn't necessarily mean that the defensive coaching is poor.