Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I think he is exactly what we need at this time, young, smart, a good communicator and no massive expectations on his shoulders because he has won trophies in other countries or this.

The added bonus will be that he is well liked in the media and football circles by both those who can think for themselves and the sky sports PFM dinosaurs, this should take a bit of heat off the club and give him a bit of an easier ride in the media

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

So all the talk of a poorly handled manager search, and yet our owners have been going over Howe's plans for the club over the last couple of days.

Poor handled = Doing due diligence, well i for one like this way of doing things, whether Howe is a success or not.

A jump the gun leak away from the perfect process. Such a shame, mind had Howe been No1 I’d have wondered about their ambition not to try for other targets first. Suppose you can’t please all, you can even please both sides of me [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Would've taken him when the takeover was first announced. Only feeling a little disappointed after some of the other names that have been bandied about. 

All in all it's a step up and more ambitious a hire than 8/10 of Mike Ashley's hires, one of which was cynical and the other of which fell in to his lap.

Im all in. Welcome, Eddie. :indi:

Need to take the positives out of our search. It's given our ownership group a full view of how deep in the shit the club is, what type of investment is needed and getting the right executives in to turn our front office into a professional organization.

Edited by The Bonk

He wasn’t on my “absolutely don’t want” list with the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Martinez, and Terry, so that’ll do for me.

Probably the most middling appointment we could’ve made from the linked names.

Just now, Rich said:

He wasn’t on my “absolutely don’t want” list with the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Martinez, and Terry, so that’ll do for me.

This is where i am. Let’s see what he’s got. 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s not someone who was on my list at all, and is someone I have doubt about because I think he can be a bit naive tactically sometimes.

In saying this I’ll give him a chance. Even though it went wrong in the end at Bournemouth, he did fantastic into making them what they are today. You could say that he suffered from a lack of investment, things maybe went stale, and they certainly hit the ceiling for the club.

Fuck, this means Ritchie is never fucking leaving. 

Who sold Ritchie to us like?

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s not someone who was on my list at all, and is someone I have doubt about because I think he can be a bit naive tactically sometimes.

In saying this I’ll give him a chance. Even though it went wrong in the end at Bournemouth, he did fantastic into making them what they are today. You could say that he suffered from a lack of investment, things maybe went stale, and they certainly hit the ceiling for the club.

Fuck, this means Ritchie is never fucking leaving. 

He literally sold Ritchie to us man. :lol:

Just now, Rich said:

Basically where I’m at. Not positive, not negative but more curious to see whether he’s English football’s great white hope.

Just now, Dokko said:

A jump the gun leak away from the perfect process. Such a shame, mind had Howe been No1 I’d have wondered about their ambition not to try for other targets first. Suppose you can’t please all, you can even please both sides of me [emoji38]

I'm just glad we're getting a young manager who is ambitious, aye you can't please all, but I'm rather pleased :D

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think he could be a success if we get a sporting director in to work with him I assume they will be the next appointment 

There was something the other day in The Dutch telegraph or what ever it is called about Marc Overmars joining in January, I could see them working together very well.

Edited by MagMal

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I hope he does a proper press conference with Amanda and Co 

Same. Would like to see them answer some questions on their plans for the club. Training ground, investment etc. No more PR spin/leaks!

Would have taken him from the start, and happy to get behind him now.

He may unfortunately need more time than he has to wake the players from the slumber Bruce has put them in but we shall see. There's certainly more to work with from them than what's being shown. 

First target is obviously to just at least be within a few points of safety by the time we can spend some money. 

He’s 43 and has managed 545 games. He’s as ready as he’ll ever be. 

We talked about poaching Rodgers from Leicester. What if Howe becomes our Rodgers and builds something?

I’m really excited for this.

Please please just keep us up and watch us rocket. This could be a Keegan era for the 2020s. :clap2:

1 minute ago, MagMal said:

There was something the other day in The Dutch telegraph or what ever it is called about Marc Overmars joining in January, I could see them working together very well.

Could do with one before January we need to be ready to buy as soon as it’s open