Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Really hope the match day crowd gets behind him. He clearly isn't the big name the media frenzy made us feel we could get but he is honest, meticulous, hard working, committed to bettering himself and will give everything to this while aspiring to a style of football that our fanbase craves. 

If he gets our full backing and love as a fanbase and our new scouting team give the right signings in January, I feel he has a chance to be special.

Really feel the fan support alone will take him to a new level and he will feed off it.

Edited by toontownman

Gonna get behind him 100%, but I just feel so deflated by the way we publicly fucked the Emery thing up. Hopefully I'll start feeling excitement in the coming days but it's not filled me with confidence really.

6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Twitter is a fucking cesspit, "we need someone with relegation experience", "Richest Club in the World hiring someone who got relegated". 

Uninstalling.

Twitter is a delusional nightmare of lunatics on basically every subject.  About 1 in 100 are sane.

Edited by Teasy

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, worthy said:

The most curious part for me will be seeing if Ritchie, Shelvey, krafth will be a part of the starting 11. 

Hopefully he doesn’t listen to a word Jones says about Krafht and Ritchie.

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Could do with one before January we need to be ready to buy as soon as it’s open 

Can guarantee if he does come in January or whoever does they will already have lined up the players they want

Was below Rafa, Emery, and Ten Hag for me, but considering Emary was the only one of those near to being realistic, can't really complain after 14 years of mostly rubbish managers who were there to manage our expectations as much as they were the team.

I have big concerns over Bournemouth's defence over the years, but having an attack-minded manager who actually tries to win for a club that's going to try to win is exactly what we all asked for.

Also very relieved that it's not Martinez.

I want to see if he gets Schar, Fernandez and Almiron in the team, with Maxi and Wilson obviously. Hope he has the stones to bin Lascelles. If we still have Ritchie LB, Krafth in the team, I’ll be well  glum! 

2 minutes ago, number9shirt said:

Don't know why it took so long to offer Howe the job, he knows his tactics & plays good football. If he does anywhere near as good a job as he did with Bournemouth I'll be well happy.

Nothing wrong with aiming higher. Howe would have been above what Ashley would have went for. The fact he was likely a few places down our pecking order shows how far we’ve come in a month.

Watching that Tifo clip tells me he sounds perfect for the tactical, technical side of things.

In terms of recruitment, I got the impression that their model was set up to recruit young players who wouldn't be put off by Bournemouths status.

He just needs to sign players slightly older, who can hit the ground running.

Had we not been second bottom and winless, I think we’d have got someone like Emery. 

Happy with Howe. He will get us playing some nice football and will actually work tirelessly to improve us, unlike the previous idiot. 2 and a half year contract says a lot about what the owners want moving forward too IMO. 

Just now, STM said:

Watching that Tifo clip tells me he sounds perfect for the tactical, technical side of things.

In terms of recruitment, I got the impression that their model was set up to recruit young players who wouldn't be put off by Bournemouths status.

He just needs to sign players slightly older, who can hit the ground running.

That’s it. Easy to criticise his transfer activity but trying to attract players there when there’s 19 wealthier clubs was always hard. He kept a midfield of Pugh, Gosling & Surman in the Premier League ffs. :lol:

I'm from Newcastle but for the last 12 years, I've lived in Bournemouth. In that time, Howe's worked absolute miracles down here. Forget the couple of years of big spending once Bournemouth got a few seasons under their belt, he took a team hurtling out of the Football League altogether and turned them into Premier League regulars. That's a genuinely astonishing feat.

A few years ago, with Bournemouth still in the championship, I was overseas and got talking to someone in a bar about football and after having a few I started saying how shit Pardew was. This prat (not a Newcastle fan) kept telling me Pardew was fine, I was ungrateful, deluded, the lot, and asking "well who else would you employ?" - I immediately said Howe. He'd never heard of Howe, so decided Pardew was therefore better. Ever since then I've always wanted Howe to get this job, just to annoy this idiot.

He's genuinely a very good manager though, and his teams play great football. For those doubting his stomach for a fight at the bottom, he got Bournemouth out of a 10 point deficit in L2 and guided them to safety. He's still young, forward thinking and passionate. There might be better managers, but I don't think there's many.

Edited by Chris_R