Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19696043.newcastle-set-confirm-eddie-howe-new-head-coach/

At this stage, it remains unclear whether Howe will be in charge at the Amex Stadium even if his appointment is confirmed in the next 24 hours. Graeme Jones has taken charge of training this week and is due to conduct press duties tomorrow afternoon. Whatever happens, he will have a significant input into Saturday’s game as he is already understood to have settled on his preferred starting line-up.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, duo said:

Am not going to lie I am not convinced he's the man to keep us up.  If we were mid table - fair enough but we're not. He's got some task on his hands - I hope he proves me wrong.

Full credit to him though for coming in, believing in himself and giving it a go. Shows the right character for me.

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19696043.newcastle-set-confirm-eddie-howe-new-head-coach/

At this stage, it remains unclear whether Howe will be in charge at the Amex Stadium even if his appointment is confirmed in the next 24 hours. Graeme Jones has taken charge of training this week and is due to conduct press duties tomorrow afternoon. Whatever happens, he will have a significant input into Saturday’s game as he is already understood to have settled on his preferred starting line-up.

I'd he's gonna have a significant input and picked his starting XI then why not just be in the dugout?! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10167093/Newcastle-set-appoint-Eddie-Howe-new-boss-charge-Brighton-Saturday.html

We understand some of his former Bournemouth players in the Newcastle dressing-room had already communicated their support for their old boss to the owners. (Football Insider were right) 

Howe also impressed during interview by outlining his vision for immediate improvement, with Newcastle winless and 19th in the Premier League.

It is thought he shared the view of the hierarchy that fitness levels and organisation could be better, and that the current squad is performing way below its capabilities after a 10-match winless start.

Howe is happy to work alongside current interim boss Graeme Jones and is expected to add coaches Stephen Perches, Jason Tindall and Simon Weatherstone to his backroom.

Should terms be finalised on Friday then Howe could yet be installed ahead of the tea-time kick-off at Brighton. 

He wasn't my first choice, but the prospect of a real student of the game who can grow in stature with the club is quite exciting.

He plays a decent brand of football too and while Bournemouth's defensive record is open to question, the pool of managers we were looking at all carry risk, with the likes of Favre, Fonseca and Martinez all defensively questionable too.

He's got a hell of a job on his hands, so whether he was your first or last choice, let's get behind him. I think he'll suprise a few.

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

“I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?”

The Bournemouth forum all like him but this is basically my exact fear with this appointment. 

I get the fear, but that bit in bold is just not true. Not if your basis for comparison is his Bournemouth team. Man City or Liverpool levels absolutely not :lol: But we have the individual quality in a full 11 too be better than 3 teams in this league. In an attacking and defensive sense. If we have a manager with a semblance of tactical nous. 

I'm under no illusions, but I'm also quite open minded about the job he might be able to do. It's not like we have many examples to draw on, he's managed 1 team. But he was able to produce very good results with very little resource. It'd make more sense, imo, to apply that logic to his appointment, because ultimately he over achieved. 

My lass's dad, the same one that's had Howe as his number 1 choice for manager for the last 6 years. 

"I've always liked him - and thought it would be interesting to see what he could do with more resources. I can still see us getting relegated though" :lol: