Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

A front 3 of Wilson/ASM/Almiron/Fraser/Willock, fuck it,maybe even the Brazilian donkey, should be enough for any decent manager worth his salt to AT LEAST make us a side with serious threat.

The issue is the centre of the pitch. Can Howe get Hayden/Longstaff/Willock to do the work required in the middle?

At the back, the best he can do is play our best centre halves. 

Edited by STM

I want to watch us be attacking, so for that reason alone I'm happier with Howe than Emery. That said, I've never been sold on Emery even before we almost got him. I was hoping for a "bigger" name as a statement of intent, but Howe plays entertaining football and is a likable guy. Who knows what the future holds, he might stay here for the next 20 odd years and this was the beginning of a dynasty. 

Just now, Wullie said:

btelOdY.png

League 2 table when he took over, ended up with 46 points which was some going.

And with over half the season already gone…

Brucie spot on as ever!

When asked if he had held any dialogue with the powers that be about an ultimatum, Bruce told the Chronicle Live:

"It is absolutely the biggest pile of ***** I have ever heard."

Bruce has not held any meetings or talks with Mike Ashley, but is in regular conversation with managing director Lee Charnley.

And with Eddie Howe's name spoken about as the potential next boss on Tyneside, Bruce feels some of the reporting has gone too far.

Bruce said: "Some of it needs to be more measured. I give respect. When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper (the Chronicle) was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year."

Howe's name was initially mentioned in a comment piece in the aftermath of the League Cup exit at Brentford, and has since been used in articles about who the bookies feel is favourite to be next boss.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/must-read-steve-bruce-interview-19683863

6 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

same age as myself.  What the fuck have I done with my life. :booze:

He was born in the same year as I went to my first match (aged 7) with me dad, bloody hell feel so old right now :mick:

4 minutes ago, Wullie said:

btelOdY.png

League 2 table when he took over, ended up with 46 points which was some going.

Wow. I never knew he took over so late in the season.

Good thing we got ourselves a relegation expert, eh! 

Just now, Caleb70 said:

He was born in the same year as I went to my first match (aged 7) with me dad, bloody hell feel so old right now :mick:

Old cunt

don't know how to feel about this appointment tbh, if this was 2 months ago before the takeover and with Bruce in charge I'd probs be delighted...

but with the takeover and current circumstances I do find it very underwhelming and it is hard to get excited  about this appointment....

you cant undermine what he achieved at Bournemouth, taking a club from the bottom of the football league to the Premier League in 6 years is very impressive, and the fact he established them as a Premier League outfit is equally impressive, it is his last season in charge that scares me, they were Terrible, didn't they lose like  21 out of 27 matches ? that's a ridiculously bad record Steve Bruce levels of bad... and he was well backed to with funds, I really can't see how he's gonna set us up to grind out results to keep us  from being cut adrift before we can buy players in January.....

we really do need a DOF/SD/ Chief Executive or some one who has a footballing brain making decisions, because as good as the new owners are, this process has shown that they haven't got great footballing insight, 

never the less I will get behind Howe, the new owners and the team

Edited by GavMcEl

Just now, GavMcEl said:

don't know how to feel about this appointment tbh, if this was 2 months ago before the takeover and with Bruce in charge I'd probs be delighted...

but with the takeover and current circumstances I do find it very underwhelming and it is hard to get excited  about this appointment....

you can undermine what he achieved at Bournemouth, taking a club from the bottom of the football league to the Premier League in 6 years is very impressive, and the fact he established them as a Premier League outfit is equally impressive, it is his last season in charge that scares me, they were Terrible, didn't they lose like  21 out of 27 matches ? that's a ridiculously bad record Steve Bruce levels of bad... and he was well backed to with funds, I really can't see how he's gonna set us up to grind out results to keep us in from being cut adrift before we can buy players in January.....

we really do need a DOF/SD/ Chief Executive or some one who has a footballing brain making decisions, because as good as the new owners are, this process has shown that they haven't got great footballing insight, 

never the less I will get behind Howe, the new owners and the team

GIVE IT TIME FFS