Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 hours ago, Robster said:

Can we please put in the thread title that he isn't Don Howe's son ? :lol:

Don’t blame me…..I’m just quoting “Cannybagof”🤔🤔…..didn’t realise anyone on this forum spouted false information😁😁

Mad what he done at Bournemouth, yet the relegation is the first thing people say. I was one of them admittedly, daft when looking back.

How much further could he have taken them? A club with a 12,000 seater ground in the day that our 52,000 seater isn’t even top 5 biggest. 

I’m actually (genuinely) more excited by Howe than Emery. Something about that Emery news didn’t sit right with me earlier this week…it didn’t feel like the right fit bringing a high level manager to a relegation battle mid season, with a language barrier to contend with too.

Howe is up and coming, bright, intelligent, plays nice football once he gets his team sorted, knows the league, no language barrier, has rebuilt / built up a club before. And he’s used to working with this calibre of player, and has a track record of improving them.

He wouldn’t have been my absolute first choice (Rafa), but he’s a good appointment for where we are at this point in time and where we should be aiming for over the next 2-3 years. He can grow with us, if given the opportunity.

43 minutes ago, RS said:

When you read some of the comments on other sites about this it makes you realise we are now universally hated. 

Fuck them. 

It looks like they are going to have to dislike and wish ill fortune on one of the most geniunely likeable managers in football. The difference between "likeable" and "genuinely likeable" is that genuinely likeable ones would never suggest reporters deserve a slap for doing their jobs.

For a transfer "failure", it looks like Solanke has been banging them in, which leaves only Jordan Ibe.

not sure if picking up cheap players is supposed to impress me as it means he has an eye for a player worth more than their asking price or that he shops in the bargain bin which in theory isnt us any more.... guess it depends if your positive or negative on the whole thing. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Very impressive, especially £3 million for Wilson. People go on about his shit signings (e.g. Solanke), but show me a manager that hasn't made a stinker of a signing (e.g. Djemba-Djemba, Taibi and Kleberson for Sir Alex)

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

So they change it, what are they then going to fail them on?, since PIF is separate from the state and is a legally functioning investment company. What can they charge to disqualify the owners? Sorry it’s not going to happen that boat has sailed.

Can change it all they want now....anything which can disqualify our owners now will apply equally to Chelsea and Man City.

7 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well he's a bit underwhelming, but seems to have some good ideas and is still young enough to learn. Who knows....he could do good things

Not sure if trying to convince myself 

I don’t see how it’s underwhelming really. We are deep into a relegation battle and are hardly going to expect the most successful managers to leave their teams in Europe for us at the time being. 

We can easily point out limitations in other managers based on their track record. I don’t know much about Fonseca but his most successful work coming in Ukraine hardly excites me tbh. 

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

I don’t see how it’s underwhelming really. We are deep into a relegation battle and are hardly going to expect the most successful managers to leave their teams in Europe for us at the time being. 

We can easily point out limitations in other managers based on their track record. I don’t know much about Fonseca but his most successful work coming in Ukraine hardly excites me tbh. 

IT's underwhelming because of all the names we have been linked with. 

Still a million miles better than Lampard or Rooney though

Always liked Eddie Howe, seems a cool fella but this would be a very risky appointment. He can lift our players' morale but can he mould this limited team into a possession-based attacking outfit? Can't really see it. 

I doubt Tindall and the rest of his backroom staff are of very high expertise and Howe's reputation won't attract us any outstanding players in January either. Still, would support him 100% of course.

Without having an intimate knowledge of the type of manager he is, beyond listening to the things he's said, the thing I admire most is how studious he seems to be. I love those tales of him going to observe Rodgers at Swansea, Sarri at Napoli etc. Just screams dedication, reflection, growth, improvement. If he starts well here I think the fans will take to him and it could be a good ride. Do feel really optimistic about this, really excited to hear from him as NUFC boss.