Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Howe’s relegation seems to be a bit of a stick to beat him with at the moment. I’m sure the circumstances were all very different, but I thought it was interesting that Conte, Wenger and Klopp have all been through relegation as managers. 

51 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Like him even more now. Can you image Bruce coming in at 6.30am, other than a situation that involved bacon butties?

There's an interview with Lineker where they talk about a typical day. The 6:30am days are when he gets in later, on some days he's in at 5:30am to work out prior to then starting at 6:30am.

It's a shame that this wasn't done weeks ago given he's not under contract, which is probably my biggest gripe with it all.

That being said, it looks like they've been knocked back a few times and after reading more and more on Howe, he's definitely growing on me.

All in - least he looks like a proper coach. Players won't have a fucking clue what's hit them.

That tactics video is fantastic, but the win in that game came against Chelsea with Hazard as a false 9. He really cannot play that position and I think Chelsea putting him there put him in the downward spiral he is still in. 

11 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Howe’s relegation seems to be a bit of a stick to beat him with at the moment. I’m sure the circumstances were all very different, but I thought it was interesting that Conte, Wenger and Klopp have all been through relegation as managers. 

Don’t know why people (not saying you) are getting so worked up about other opinions on why Howe is not the right choice for the job. I certainly don’t think he is, but I have also said I will give him 100% backing if he is appointed. I’m sure (most of) the others who have voiced their concerns, will do the same.

Edited by et tu brute

I've gone from being lukewarm about him to pretty excited, tbh, after reading about him more. Looking at the Bournemouth team he got playing before he started splashing big money, it was hardly a stellar side that he got to very solid midtable finishes while playing some great football. Feels like he can be a good shot-in-the-arm for us.

Hate to say it because it's so cliché but it feels like he is a good fit for us 'DNA'-wise too with his style of play and general football obsessiveness. He's even got his own KK story with the dramatic rise up the ranks...

Absolutely not a PFM or cut from any kind of cloth that we've been used to before (Benitez aside). He's clearly in the Rodgers style of manager.

I remember reading somewhere about the time Bournemouth went downhill was that it was the players were burnt out due to the high intensity in training and in matches. Wether it was true or not I don’t know.

Bournemouth fan here. Thought I'd pop on to see what you're all saying about our lord and saviour Eddie Howe.

IMO he has the potential to be a brilliant appointment for you lot. One thing you get with Eddie is hard, hard work. He was always the first in the club and last to leave each day, to the point where by his final season he had really burnt himself out a bit tbh, which definitely contributed to us getting relegation. He is amazing at developing players up to and beyond their potential, and not always the players you necessarily think of as having potential. He took a team of lower league nobodies, and championship/PL rejects, and turned them into absolute star performers who left everything they had on the pitch. Players like Simon Francis, Marc Pugh, Steve Cook owe much of their careers to Eddie. I've never seen a squad with such an insane team spirit as ours that got promoted from the championship, but tbf that may also be as a consequence of our rapid rise through the leagues as much as anything. 

On the training ground as well he is an absolute monster. Forget his nice guy image in the media, on the training pitch he suffered no fools and had a hell of a vocabulary on him. He's very meticulous in his approach to tactics which led to us playing some absolutely stunning beautiful football at times, but in his latter days he did show a bit of an unwillingness to change style and personel which held us a back a bit. He takes his time with new signings so I wouldn't necessarily expect to see any January transfers walk straight into the team. He usually took a good 6 months at least to bed a player into the setup before he trusted them in the starting 11.

One thing I'm really interested in is how he deals with your board. At Bournemouth he was known for being a control freak and pretty much directly oversaw all aspects of the club (think SAF at man u or Wenger at Arsenal), and one of the rumoured reasons why he left when we went down was that our board tried to change some of that and he basically walked. I'm not sure how this will translate to your current circumstance and how much Eddie has chnaged in this regard over his long break from football, as his obsessiveness and full effort definitely contributed to his downfall at the end of his time with us.

Either way, Eddie Howe is THE living legend as far as I'm concerned and you should be counting your blessing that he will grace your touchline with his presence 

1 minute ago, cherryred said:

Bournemouth fan here. Thought I'd pop on to see what you're all saying about our lord and saviour Eddie Howe.

IMO he has the potential to be a brilliant appointment for you lot. One thing you get with Eddie is hard, hard work. He was always the first in the club and last to leave each day, to the point where by his final season he had really burnt himself out a bit tbh, which definitely contributed to us getting relegation. He is amazing at developing players up to and beyond their potential, and not always the players you necessarily think of as having potential. He took a team of lower league nobodies, and championship/PL rejects, and turned them into absolute star performers who left everything they had on the pitch. Players like Simon Francis, Marc Pugh, Steve Cook owe much of their careers to Eddie. I've never seen a squad with such an insane team spirit as ours that got promoted from the championship, but tbf that may also be as a consequence of our rapid rise through the leagues as much as anything. 

On the training ground as well he is an absolute monster. Forget his nice guy image in the media, on the training pitch he suffered no fools and had a hell of a vocabulary on him. He's very meticulous in his approach to tactics which led to us playing some absolutely stunning beautiful football at times, but in his latter days he did show a bit of an unwillingness to change style and personel which held us a back a bit. He takes his time with new signings so I wouldn't necessarily expect to see any January transfers walk straight into the team. He usually took a good 6 months at least to bed a player into the setup before he trusted them in the starting 11.

One thing I'm really interested in is how he deals with your board. At Bournemouth he was known for being a control freak and pretty much directly oversaw all aspects of the club (think SAF at man u or Wenger at Arsenal), and one of the rumoured reasons why he left when we went down was that our board tried to change some of that and he basically walked. I'm not sure how this will translate to your current circumstance and how much Eddie has chnaged in this regard over his long break from football, as his obsessiveness and full effort definitely contributed to his downfall at the end of his time with us.

Either way, Eddie Howe is THE living legend as far as I'm concerned and you should be counting your blessing that he will grace your touchline with his presence 

cheers , you know so I will thank you for this , the bedwetters on here know fuck all in truth , thanks mate 

3 minutes ago, cherryred said:

like rafa

3 minutes ago, cherryred said:

Thanks for that. Stick around, it’s always good to hear from other fans on here 👍