Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Well he's worth a go at least.

Not one of the PFM crew, young enough to learn new tactics. 

Looks like a Houghton appointment to me, but as long as he doesn't spend all the time downplaying the club like Bruce he could end up doing well

Just now, ManDoon said:

He genuinely looks like he could still play today.

He's the complete opposite of the bacon muncher. He's not a fat lazy mess who lets players laze about doing fuck all training. Just for that I'm on board with his appointment. At least you know Howe will put effort in.  

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are going to go out and try and win every game we play and that is a good enough starting point for me.

Don’t get the impression Howe would ever say the phrase ‘ticking along’ which is good enough for me [emoji38]

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

:lol:  aye, Love the way he speaks to them though. He's not relentlessly negative, he's telling them what is going wrong and how to correct it, tons of encouragement as well. Seems a guy you'd want to play for.

Yeah I noticed he was very encouraging on the touchline too. 

14 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Managerial roles have such a weird perception to them, particularly in England, like you always have to keep succeeding. First setback, straight on the scrapheap. Eddie Howe's 43 years old, you'd think he was 65 the way people go on, like he's been relegated and that's now his lifetime legacy.

It'll happen to Graham Potter at some point, either Brighton will have a shit season or he'll take a bigger job and finish 8th, and he will then become unemployable for a while.

Klopp was relegated at Mainz as stated but also that last season at Dortmund was an absolute car crash. They finished well so it didn't look too bad in the end but they were at serious risk of going down in February (they were bottom after 19 games, of 34)

Yep. All managers have to start somewhere, and Howe's start is a fantastic achievement with what he did at Bournemouth. As you said Klopp was relegated, Benitez has been relegated and sacked at a lower level, Rodgers has been sacked at Championship Reading. Moyes failed disastrously at Sunderland, Conte was sacked at Serie B Arezzo and had Atalanta in 19th before leaving there.

This is Howe's start to management, he's only 43, he's gonna be the 2nd youngest manager in the league behind Arteta. Got a career still ahead of him.

His work ethic and especially that work ethic about learning more about the game rather than just pure graft is a huge box tick for me. Howe might end up being a complete disaster, but having someone who puts the work in to the point of obsession and is likeable is a really important thing and was a big part of why it was easy to give Rafa a lot of leeway when things weren't improving straight away. Him getting involved in the community would get a lot of people on his side as well, every little thing like that helps. It was hard for Rafa with certain sections of our support at times and that was someone with an excellent CV to point at, so Howe might need everything he can get if he doesn't hit the ground running. 

Edited by kisearch

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

These afre a good watch

OK, not being the bill shankley or Bobby Robson of this world, i watched this and honestly as i was watching it thought - how does this compare to how a NUFC training session would have been done.

It seems to me that (and i didn't note the date, but saw Mings in there and he was sold to Villa) he can 'see' things, knows what he's got and knows probably what he hasn't got  after all He's not going to air all of his washing for some club video. 

On the point of fitness - liked the running between beeps, would be interesting to see how our lot faired at the same time - perhaps some of them might have been a little out of puff sooner than most.

As from what i've seen (only on TV) one or two seem to have been at the pies more than they should have.

58 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Nice to see a few fans of other clubs on, welcome to all, stick around :)

Aye, this. It'll be all to easy to think "everyone is against us now, fuck them all"... that's probably only 90% true :lol:

Just now, clintdempsey said:

Two separate Spurs fans I think. :D 

Martin Jol was the ITK one, but I do believe KD also liked an ITK every now and then. KD went absolutely off the rails towards the end of his time on here :lol:

1 hour ago, cherryred said:

No worries. If you lot have any questions happy to take a stab...

How do think he'll handle a flair player who maybe doesn't work that hard at times?

(We only have one flair player in St Max 😂)

54 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

This you?

sure , bit creepy/sad you went back over a year ,  we beat an Alex  Ferguson Man U team 5-0 yet I’d have had him in a heartbeat, kinda defeats your point mate .